Tuesday, August 15, 2006

As I look back upon my life,
it's always with a sense of shame

Woodsy has known me for years. Everytime piles and piles of BAD happen, she tells me to stop with the weepy because as "Jenn Luck" goes, with loads o' bad, comes TONS o' good. I just have to wait around for it. Me. I'm impatient.

Meanwhile I have been sick, sick, sick. I thought I was pregnant, which - thank god - peeing on a stick has told me otherwise. Thank you, stick. You are my new best friend, stick. Turns out I am just stressed. All the same symptoms, tired, nauseous, achy, unusually big tummy, eating like mad. Without the little write-off at the end. Lovely.

On to more pressing matters - crafts. The baby's giant first birthday party is 3 months away. Laugh if you must, but you know how caught up I get in the details. I think the invite design is done. Now I can move on to other things. As you remember, I have been way into 'interactive' invites lately, so I decided that not only will this be a pop-up card, but since it is 'pirate' themed there will be a flap to open, a la, x-marks the spot. Here's rough mock up. Hopefully the finished ones will be cute. Oh and on another note, my robot is coming back. Completely different, not sad at all. Go robot.


click for bigness.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Woodsy said...

Woodsy knows best :o) I'm glad the sun is shining for you again!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:13:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

"Hopefully the finished ones will be cute"? - Geez! It is so freakin cute already, what are you gonna do glue puppies and kittens under the X on the final?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Those are ridiculously cute!! Love that theme!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

I imagine that when you pee on the stick it says "Not Pregnant. Also, you are awesome." It doesn't do that for everyone, though. Just Jenn.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Actually when I pee on a stick it says, "Again? Are you kidding me?" Either that or, "Well, you dodged a bullet that time."
Seriously. They should hire me for designing pregnancy tests.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Bigness is good. I'm with Myra...I think you nailed the cuteness on this invite already.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Those are arrrrrrgguably the cutest invites ever!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

My son would love you. He loves those "pirapes".

Jenn, I would sooooo buy pregnancy tests you designed. Of course, they would've read something like "You're F*cked Now". All Jenn style. :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man those invites are too much cuteness. I'm jealous!

*dina

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

wow! ambitious on the invites! very nice!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

Just JENN pregnancy tests would be awesome. Some "Keep Trying" or "Go buy yourself a drink" responses would be cool too.

And those invites! I love them. So cool, you are!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

YES! JustJenn pee sticks! I would totally invest in that company. Serious.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

The invites rate a "yar" and I like Yvett's line for the pee stick.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:03:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

The votes are in...pee-stick business it is...you better copyright that sh*t before someone comes along and makes you change it! (I'm so bad)

and as always, awesome invites!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home