Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hatful of Hollow

If you do a good deed, it will come back to you. I hope that this is true. Today I went through the drive thru atm. A car left as I approached, and I looked to see that the guy had left his atm card IN the machine, where you could STILL take out money! Good lord. I didn't want to go chasing after him, so I took the card out - cancelled his transaction, then did mine. Even though I was in a huge hurry, I pulled over, went into the bank and gave them the guy's card. I hope someone does the same for me one day.


When I got home, my good deed reward was on my doorstep. sko_G was standing there with a present, a freshly knitted hat...just for me! (Since I don't knit, he is my personal on call knitter.) It was the cutest thing ever. Pink, white and red striped, bunny ears and a funny bunny tail. Hilarious. He wants me to wear it to my first day of work. Sure, it might be a nice accessory to my black pencil skirt and heels, but - uh, I'm not sure what kind of impression that would make. "Hey she's fun! Look at that bunny hat!" or "Hey, she's insane, look at that bunny hat..."

Speaking of work, if you like the BBC Office, watch this. Too much thinking. That's what drove Stephen Hawking mad.

10 Comments:

Blogger tadaahhh said...

do it, DO IT!! you'll be the hit of the office.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Not long after moving to L.A. almost 12 years ago, I was waiting for the ATM and noticed when the guy ahead of me walked away, his card was still in the machine. I grabbed it and yelled to him..."sir! your card!" He turned to get it and only as I was handing it to him did I read the name and make the connection with his face...Garrett Morris!!! I couldn't think of anything to say, but loved him on my the SNL record of my Mom's that I used to listen to!

P.S. Cool hat!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:14:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

The hat? Definitely wear it. or at least have the ears poking out of your purse.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

That hat is really cute but I'd probably wait until the second day of work to wear it. You don't want everyone to be jealous of you on the first day.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:58:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Damn, that is a cute hat!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

That is one cute bunny hat, I say wear it to work. Its all about the accessories.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

i can't handle the cuteness factor of that hat. my head is going to explode.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Jodi, did he thank you for being berry, berry good to him?

Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

cute hat! i dare you to wear it to work!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:50:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Will...snort

Jenn - only if you're doing a Matt Groening "Work is Hell" perfomance art piece. Then by all means, wear the hat. But tack one of those ears down.

Friday, September 01, 2006 3:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home