Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I burn my eyes out, before I get out

Things that I like:
1. When the guitar starts at the beginning of "Today" by the Smashing Pumpkins.
2. Guacamole and chips for lunch.
3. Coffee with a friend.

Lucky for me, I got all three today. I had coffee with a boy today. THE boy, if you must know. We talked about writing, good music, dead people, and the fact that he won't remember me 10 minutes from now. Which would be convenient if I was going to steal his wallet. Which I didn't. Damn. Too little, too late.

He also gave me one of the nicest compliments I have ever received. He said I make him 'smile everyday'. Geez, is that nice, or what? You'd think that whole cranky, 'damn the hobos' thing was an act. Anyway, I rewarded him with cookies, because that's what you do when you get a compliment. Take note. You should always have a cookie in your purse in case someone compliments you on your dress. Just saying.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger Keely said...

You make me smile everyday too. I usually have to tell my husband about something you've written because I'm laughing at loud and he wants to know why. Because Jenn rocks, that's why.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Ditto. You make me smile every day, too.

Oh, and I'm happy to hear that neither you nor Wil were knifed at your gathering. I hear that's a common fear when hanging out with internet friends.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Yeah there was no stabbing, but Jenn is a delight.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You make me smile too. Except for when you're crying a lot...that makes me sad.

I had a feeling about That Boy. I thought he might be pretty cool.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:58:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

Finally, you meet the Will. And I'm also glad there was no stabbing either. And I like Will even more for that compliment! If falling out of my chair laughing = smiling then yes, you make me smile everyday too.

I need to look in your purse more often...

Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

He paid you off, didn't he? Because he paid me off too.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:09:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I hope it wasn't a box of frozen waffles for either of you. I'd at least make him take me to Roscoe's.

Jenn, I forget who you made him jealous with. You shouldn't toy with him like that.

Friday, August 18, 2006 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home