Monday, August 21, 2006

I don't want nobody baby,
part time love just brings me down

This is a week full of change. My MIL left me today. As well she should, she's been here helping me since May. She said she felt like she just got here. I'm glad she didn't mind being here that long, I couldn't do it, that's for sure. So as I say goodbye to her, I also say goodbye freedom. *sob* Now I have to be a good mother and actually take care of my kids.

Daytime is now reserved for playing Thomas Train and cleaning up barf. Barfing happens to be the Baby's new fave pastime. Eating, barfing. Eating barfing. He's a regular supermodel, this kid. Now that she is leaving I'll have to do all my designing at night. Not only that, I start work soon, and while the Kid will be on his way to daycare, the Baby, is still without. No room at the inn for infants, apparently.

Also later this week - my birthday. Birthdays are a huge deal to me. Not just mine, but I look forward to my friend's birthdays too. I am realizing that I am the only one who feels this way. I guess I'm weird. I went to Aphrodisiac for an 'early' birthday dinner with friends. I am the bad-luck-getter at restaurants lately, as my food is always the f*ed up one. Oh well. I ate cotton candy and that's all that matters. A little spun sugar is all it takes to win me over. I'm easy like that.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger Keely said...

Cotton candy - yum.

I think everyones birthday is a big deal too. I feel the need to make my birthday celebration for this year last an entire week. 30. It's my birthday and I'll be excessive if I want to.

Monday, August 21, 2006 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger PurrrL said...

I too am a sugar whore for the cheap thrill that is spun sugar.
Happy Birthday Week!

Monday, August 21, 2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I wanna be buried in that cotton candy and eat my way out!

Monday, August 21, 2006 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Victoria Winters said...

About your comment...boys ARE rad, I'm sure! I just have never been around any! :)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:13:00 AM  
Blogger this charming man said...

a birthday wish from this charming man, via the man himself...

happy b-day...

**********
I want a boy for my birthday
That’s what I’ve been dreaming of
I won’t have a happy birthday
Without a boy to love


Don’t want a bracelet with golden charms
Cuz that won’t fill my empty arms
Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah
I want a boy to love


Sha la la la la la la la
(oh oh oh)
Sha la la sha la la


I want a boy for my birthday
That’s the present that I need the most
Just a boy for my birthday
One who’ll love to hold me close
Doesn’t matter if he’s short or tall
Just as long as he gives his all
Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah
I want a boy to love


I want a boy who’s gonna treat me right
(yeah yeah yeah)
Hug me, kiss me, squeeze me day and night


I want a boy for my birthday
He doesn’t have to be too smart
Just as long as he loves me
And keeps me in his heart
I want a boy to comfort me
And treat me tenderly
Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah
I want a boy to love

Sha la la la la la la la
(I want a boy to love)
Sha la la sha la la
(I want a boy for my birthday)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Oh TCM. You win. This time.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger this charming man said...

bring it. hit me with your best shot. damn, now i got pat benetar in my head.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home