Monday, August 14, 2006

Let's have a Black Celebration, tonight.

There has been a lot of crying going on around here. Mostly by me. Ok. All by me. Except for when the baby fell and bumped his head. But he shouldn't have been trying to stand up anyway. Crazy baby.

I am going back to work. Yep. Starting, soon-ish. On one hand I look forward to it, as a full day with the kids drives me nuts, and they aren’t even bad kids, I just have no patience. I feel like I am such a crappy mother.

On the other hand, I look at them and I start to get weepy. The Kid is grown up and talking like MAD. I feel like I wanna hang out with him all the time now that this communication barrier we’ve had for two years, has finally broken down. We’ve been having some oddly fascinating conversations lately. I can’t believe that 2.5 years ago, he didn’t even exist.

theKid: “Mommy. I saw a bird. When I went walking with Gramma.”
Jenn: “Wow. Neat!”
theKid: “Mommy. It was dead.”
Jenn: “Er…”
theKid: “It was dead and there were flies on it.”
Jenn: “Oh god. That is disgusting.”
theKid: “Mommy. Dead. Bird. Flies on it.”
Jenn: “Great, yeah. Heard you the first time…ew.”

I’m sure these will be the lyrics for his goth revival band in 20 years.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Oh my gosh, I can TOTALLY picture him saying that! theKid sure likes his birds. I'll make it my mission to teach him about the evilness of birds, even the dead ones!

And don't feel like a crappy mother! I know you'll make the most of the time you have with the kids. You're a fabulous mother and you're doing what's best for the family!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:06:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Hilarious! The dead bird part, not the missing your kids part. I feel like I'm missing out on so much but then I can't imagine staying home either. If only there was a way to do both.

You are far so far from being a crappy mother!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Brandy said...

Yeah, I've been home with my new one for almost four months now with no plans to go back to work full time. I totally understand the whole patience thing. I have none. I get frustrated and forget that he's only a baby. You are not a bad mother by any means...Love your blog by the way!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I definitely understand the mixed feelings about going to work or not. I was home with my daughter for her first 7 months and then I HAD to go back to work. Some days are really hard and I feel bad, but I also look at it like she needs the socialization and so do I. She is with teachers who honestly care about her. They have the time, patience and creativity to do a lot more with her than I would if I was able to stay home (and my degree is in Education).

I think you are a great mom and will continue to be a great mom to your kids. It just makes the time you have with them more special too.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

This brings me back to when I had to go back to work after maternity leave. I felt totally isolated, inferior and inexperienced at being a Mom but I'd give anything not to have to work if I don't have to.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I may have to get a second job soon and that makes me cry. Not because I have kids I'll miss, but because I'm lazy.

From all indications, you are a great Mom. If you weren't, you wouldn't be so torn up about this.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Gee Jenn. You really are a horrible mother. And a horrible granddaughter too. Probably just as bad a daughter, wife, sister and friend....

feel better?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Lucas said...

I suppose everyone must browse on this.
office sex videos | weather in Ireland | cheap hotels

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home