Friday, August 04, 2006

Look at the size of that boy's head.
I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.

This morning I am taking the kids to get their portraits taken at a studio. We have this 'Kid's Club' deal where you get like, two years of pictures. Of course I used a few on the Kid, and have yet to get any of the Baby. I figured it's about time. The Baby is 8 months old and he's going to think I don't give a damn about his formative years. Um...well! He's the second child, what can I say? *shame*

So I call up the studio and they say, "Oh dear. He can't sit up by himself? We usually won't take their pictures." What? Jesus Christ, if I wait any longer this baby will have his driver's license. So I say, "Well, there's nothing I can do, I'd rather not wait, can't we just lay him on his tummy? He just won't sit up by himself!!" And the lady goes..."DOES HE HAVE A GIANT HEAD?" Luckily I am not a mother who takes their kids too seriously. Otherwise I might be offended. Instead I couldn't stop laughing. I mean, he DOESN'T have a giant head, despite the fact...that I...do. *sigh*

Oprah said she has to get special giant hats made for her freakishly huge noggin. While I am not that bad, normal hats just don't fit quite right. That being said, I rarely compliment myself, however - I KNOW that I look fabulous in a hat. And I can thank my big noggin for that.

The photo studio lady went on to say, "...cause we've seen some babies with BIG, BIG HEADS." When I go to the studio tomorrow I fully expect to see all these giant headed children the lady was telling me about. It'll just be a room full of walking candy apples, kids with heads so big they have their own weather systems.

Anyway, we'll see how these portraits turn out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Keely said...

Charlie Brown head. I've got one. I'm proud of it now. It took years of not fitting in small hats to just accept it. Charlie Brown head ....seriously.

Friday, August 04, 2006 6:48:00 AM  
Blogger carolb said...

I hope all those kids don't have to put their big giant heads on their gargantuan pillows and cry themselves to sleep. (I hope I got that quote almost right.)

Friday, August 04, 2006 9:53:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

"honey, what size hat do you wear? You know you have a freakishly large head" - Ed

I have a big face and when I was a kid I was like stick girl. Similar.

Friday, August 04, 2006 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

Is that J.I. Photography? That guy is just a little loopy himself!

Friday, August 04, 2006 9:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Silvester said...

I think everyone must read this.
BAKED BURGUNDY BEEF

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home