Monday, August 28, 2006

Michael: "My mother hired a pony.. I got a really bad rash. I never came outside. So that was my worst birthday."

Wow, thanks for all the super nice bday wishes and gifts! Well, I had high hopes, but it wasn't the best day. No, on this particular August 27th I woke up to find all three boys in this household had come down with the flu. Lovely. Still, I look forward to this day every year, and despite all the snot, demands and crying, I still felt happy. It was my birthday.

One good thing was going to O.G.'s for lunch. We had waffles, fried chicken, O.G.'s famous flank steak, and our annual mint chip ice cream cake. I say "our" because it was a shared cake, seeing as how my brother and I are 4 years apart, but our birthDAYS are two days apart. We have shared a cake/party for 29 years. So I took the liberty of scraping his name off the cake, so I could feel special for just one day. Ha.


As I sat there at the end of the day, the husband in a flu coma in bed, the Kid crying his eyes out over his runny nose, the Baby with smashed tofu in his hair, I polished off the last of the ice cream cake and sighed. It wasn't a perfect day, but I was happy nonetheless. Only 364 days til the next one.

5 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

happy b-day jenn!
sorry your boys were sick but at least you had good food!

Monday, August 28, 2006 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Happy Birthday! Good job on the cake, you are special.

Monday, August 28, 2006 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You had me at "mint chip ice cream cake." That could make even the crappiest birthday alright.

Monday, August 28, 2006 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You are an evil sister! Ha! Happy Birthday!!! Will e-mail you in a jiffy!

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I took a look at your food pics and it all looked yum... and I thought, oooh they had haupia! But no, those are white napkins... those are good too.

Monday, August 28, 2006 3:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home