Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep
I'm tired and I want to go to bed

These kids are screwing with me. Knowing that I am going back to work soon, I think they are conspiring to wreck my sleep. The Baby decides that 4am is a fine time to get up and eat a little snack. Not before kicking me in the throat. In case ya'll were wondering, while there is no good time to be kicked in the neck, I have decided that 4am is the WORST.

Now the Kid, he's got it down to a science.

1. Wake me up at 1am so he can pee.
2. Wake me up at 2am cause his "bum itches."

Thanks for the info. Finally, to finish me off, he screams what sounds like "HHAAMMMBUURRGEERR!" With a shriek that makes me bolt upright, almost trip in the dark and break my neck, only to say, "What's wrong, what's wrong???" And see him hold his fingers up to me and say politely, "Mommy. Eye booger." F*ing hell. If anyone has a spare ten minutes of sleep, please feel free to mail it to me. I'll pay the shipping. Thanks.
.

8 Comments:

Anonymous tin235 said...

If your kids demand you to sing a song to them every night then do so. Remember that kids grow. Sooner they will become teenagers then adults. You'll seldom see them or sing songs for them. So take advantage of these times when they are young and needy of your attention.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

You know, I sing Morrissey and Smiths songs to other people's kids because the government won't let me have any of my own anymore after the Joy Division incident of 2001.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sorry.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Tell Kid that everytime he wakes you up in the middle of the night Thomas the Tank Engine loses a train car.

::crickets::

What?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:50:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Jenn, remember this time of cleaning barf every 10 seconds and breaking your neck because your kid is imitating Maria Carey will pass. I would say in the blink of an eye, but that's a bunch of crap. But once that part is over it'll be replaced by other stuff you can't believe you have to do. And you'll have more control over your sleep and activities:).

I'm so glad there are kid people. Happy sometime in this timeframe birthday.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

be glad your son is potty trained... my son regressed when the baby came...but i do know what you mean about lack of sleep... i take that out on my husband...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

At least he woke you to go and pee, my son decided to pee THEN scream at me. There was so much it made the whole bottom half of his shirt wet. Was that TMI?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Oh dear. I'm sorry for the lack of sleep conspiracy--I am sure I will learn firsthand of the pain of it all, but dear God, the Eye Booger comment made me guffaw out loud. It just seemed so right!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home