Sunday, August 13, 2006

Tofulicious

Every year we go to Tofu Festival. Every year it's the same. Boring. But hey, my kid loves tofu, so it's worth it. It's freakin' $8 to get in. So not worth it. If you are smart, you get the $1 off coupon from the internet. If you are smarter, then you get the $3 off coupon from Marukai. If you are the smartest, you get the FREE ADMISSION coupon from the paper. Me = *smartest*.

The only really good thing to eat was from Curry House. The Japanese curry with the tofu croquette - OUTSTANDING. Everything else, eh. It was crowded, but not nightmarish. We missed all the demos this year but saw the cute asian girl from Top Chef.

The best part of my day was that the tofu cookbooks were marked down to $5. So I will making tofu recipes like crazy soon. Look out. Also, I got video of my kid doing the Moonwalk. No prompting from me, although I do tell him to grab his crotch at the end. I guess that's another strike against my campaign for mother of the year.

more Tofu Fest pics here

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Did you see Ren there? No tofu fest for me thankyouverymuch.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

i got my better half to go with me last year, but we were both a little less than impressed, so we didn't make it this year. sounds like we may not have missed much?

Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:52:00 PM  
Anonymous t.o. said...

i miss curry house. :(

Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I had fun at Tofu Fest, but I was also beyond excited about the t-shirts I bought.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

curry house rules...

Monday, August 14, 2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I stumbled upon your blog a couple of weeks ago. Love it! We were planning on going to the Tofu festival on Saturday but we were packed up and ready to go 4-hours before it started. I have a toddler and a 7month old I was not going to go back in after getting them together. Needless to say we missed it! Maybe next year! Did you have to go to Marukai to get the $3 off coupon? I only had the $1 off coupon. I'll be better prepared in '07!!!

Monday, August 14, 2006 3:01:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

So far the only way I seem to be able to choke down tofu is "deep fried" in cornstarch and marinated in bbq sauce. I like it a lot those ways. But in 20+ years of periodically trying...that's it.

Monday, August 14, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

Love them shoes!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home