Thursday, August 31, 2006

Warm n' toasty

I just realized that haven't really eaten in three days. I cook constantly, I just don't have time to eat. I make three meals a day and they are ALL separate meals. Something for the Baby. Something different for the Kid and again something different for the husband. (The Kid, he's particular.) Me, I just don't get around to eating. I have too much going on.

The one thing that I do love that is quick and easy, is cinnamon toast. I often ate it as a kid and I love the comforting taste and smell. I like to melt the butter first, then add the perfect amount of cinnamon and a lot of sugar. I usually try and make myself a piece in the morning. But that usually goes bust (as it did today) and I find it on the counter approximately 4 hours later. No longer warm, slightly hard, but still that delicious smell that makes me happy. I could use a truckload of cinnamon toast today.


This looks like it's been pecked at by wild birds. It took me all day to eat this. A bite here, a bite there. This will end up being breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh and the Benadryl - pretty much a staple around here lately with an apple juice chaser.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I love cinammon toast!!! I remember learning how to make it in home ec in 5th or 6th grade. I'm not feeling well today, so I may just have some when I go home.

I hope you get to eat a meal soon, so you don't get run down.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Marci said...

One of my favorite "meals" !

Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Have you ever made Monkey Bread? Just frozen (or real) dough, cinnamon, sugar and butter all melty. Num!!!

I bet the little Curious George fan would like it too :)

Friday, September 01, 2006 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I never ate when I cooked a lot. Just grazed. But I even love cinnamon toast crunch so you've got me.

Kim's right - monkey bread rocks but it's better when I don't make it. It doesn't come out gooey/flavorful enough when I do it.

Friday, September 01, 2006 3:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Magnus said...

Thanks for your article, pretty useful piece of writing.
bake pops reviews | rip 60 reviews | bakepops

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home