Sunday, August 06, 2006

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.

My MIL leaves in two weeks. She has been a major help in allowing me to get things done the past few months. Now I will have to do everything I do already, take care of the kids and I have also started looking for a 'real' job. I miss her already. So there is a chance that in two weeks...you may never hear from me...again.

Still, with her babysitting the kids, it doesn't mean I am not busy. I've got a lot of shit going on here, people. Yet my husband STILL comes home and says, "Why are you tired, you don't do anything all day anyway." Yes. He says that. Yes. I have not punched him in the face or walked out the door. Yet.

So I thought I'd write down some of the things I do in an average day.
Maybe he's right. Maybe I don't do anything all day.

1. Wake up at 6:30am.
2. Make the baby oatmeal. Make the Kid and MIL breakfast.
3. Watch Dumbo with the Kid, only Casey Jr part. The boy loves him some trains.
4. Take out the trash.
5. Bake.
6. Check on the kids, watch Casey Jr., again.
7. Yell at O.G.
8. Design some stuff.
9. Do an internet search for jobs
10. Make phone calls.
11. Make lunch - for the Kid and the MIL. Eat some peanuts.
12. 1pm - Kid goes down for 2 hour nap.
13. More design work.
14. Email resumes
15. Get orders ready for the post office.
16. Kids are up, watch Casey Jr., again.
17. Do two loads of laundry.
18. Make more phone calls.
19. Go to Trader Joes.
20. Go to post office.
21. Go to dry cleaners.
22. More design work.
23. Make dinner for everyone.
24. Eat. Wash the dishes.
25. Give the baby a bath - (MIL bathes the Kid)
26. Watch Casey Jr., again. **
27. 8pm - read the kid two books, sing him two songs (guess which one**), kiss him goodnight.
28. Get the baby's bottle ready, then he goes to bed.
29. More design work until I get yawny.
30. Husband comes home, questions me about not doing anything all day.
31. Sleep.
32. Wake up and start again.

Well, I know there are people who do far more than I do in a day. I'm just saying I don't enjoy being told that I don't do crap all day. I'm doing my best. That's all I can do.

**Honestly, Casey Jr. is only 2 minutes long. And he doesn't even watch it, he just turns it on and sings along while he plays with his toys. He's not watching too much tv, I swear. Although I may go to the looney bin for singing that song in my sleep.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I would not be opposed to helping you hide the body. Hehe

Monday, August 07, 2006 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You. Are. AMAZING. :)

Monday, August 07, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

um...compared to you, i feel so lazy...i just nurse all day...and when the baby sleeps...i nap or go on the computer.

Monday, August 07, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

You're lucky I don't slap the sh*t out of YOU lil missy. I'd love to have ever had that sort of schedule. Don't get a real job unless you actually have to. Cause all that will happen is you won't have time to do the important stuff and someone else will raise your kids for it.

Monday, August 07, 2006 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Dang! How'd you learn to cook?

And how come you never have, say, taquitos on your menu? Ha!

Monday, August 07, 2006 5:52:00 PM  
Anonymous t.o. said...

find a weekend job and leave hubby at home with the kiddies.

Monday, August 07, 2006 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Ugh! It sounds like you are doing way more than your fair share and plenty to make you tired! My husband couldn't understand how mad and tired I was the other night when after working 10 hours and having dinner, I then proceeded to take out the garbage, pay the bills, do some laundry, and feed the dogs, all while he sat on his ass in front of the TV "digesting." Geez, I wish I had time to digest!

Monday, August 07, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm sure the mister feels that way sometimes, when I'm sitting on the couch. When he fails to see what I do with the kids the other 6 days of the week!!! Amazing! I hope our kids appreciate what we do for them. Seriously! But I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't want anyone else taking my kids anywhere b/c that would mean I would be missing out on the incessant talking that my son does in the car. Or I would miss my lil missy's smiles and giggles.

*dina
http://s0niele.blogsome.com

Monday, August 07, 2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Hubby needs to stay home one day and do everything on the list. You are amazing.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home