Wednesday, September 06, 2006

ahoy matey

Well this pirate party is in full effect, yo. The invitations will be going out soon, and I've got some of the favor stuff already. What have I learned from all of this? I should never have picked a pirate theme. UGH.

I don't know why, but I am having the hardest time getting into this. Instead of working on it, I spent time redrawing the Kid's pirate sword. It looks way more piratey now. And I am happy. But still, I've done nothing.

I'll spare you the details of why, but I've been trying to find different variations on pirates. Pirates of the Carribean, of course. Playmobile pirates. Lego pirates. Peter Pan (Captain Hook). Wiggles (Captain Feathersword). I dunno. I really can't think of any! I've just been trying to collect pirate themed junk information, just for my mind. I'll sort out what I plan to do with this stuff (if anything) later.

I also received my bulk shipment of pirate eye patches today. Arrggh indeed.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger tadaahhh said...

great, i'll need one after my lasiks next week, just in case the kid tries to throw his cheerios at me or sthg.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what about Captain Pugwash? Don't forget about Captin Pugwash, the greatest pirate the world has ever known! Perhaps it's not a USA thing. Try this: http://www.toonhound.com/pugwash.htm or just Google 'Captain Pugwash'

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Scott said...

How about Muppet Treasure Island?

Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Have you checked Oriental Trading catalog? I was surprised at how much piratey stuff they had.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:08:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

My father in law thinks he was a pirate in a past life (and who knows? maybe he was) so pirates are a big hot button for hilariousness in my household. ;)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:39:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

You must have forgotten 'The Pirate Movie' - it is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of pirates. Maybe because Kristy McNichol was my idol (yikes) and Christoper Atkins was hot(back then). Okay, I was 12 years old, give me a break.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Cory said...

I started reading your blog recently when I was putzing online, and when I checked back today and saw you were having a pirate party, I laughed out loud. A friend of mine just had one, we were helping a friend's band shoot a music video and he wanted pirates in it, so we just had a whole party full of them so he'd have a lot of extras.

And booze, I guess.

Anyway, good luck... and I love reading your blog!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I would not suggest booze at the kid's party. You know they can't hold their liquor.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Kat, the Baby IS pretty big. I bet he could drink me under the table.

jenn - LOVE the new design!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger this charming man said...

arrrrghhh! will ye be givin' the wee laddies and lassies a rum cake? and don't foerget to be givin' the tykes their lime lest they get a case of the scurrrrrvy.

(thank you for giving me an excuse to type like a pirate arrrrggghhhh!)

Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home