Saturday, September 09, 2006

All the islands in the ocean
All the heavens in motion

Why does listening to A-HA make me dance? This is what people will be thinking as they watch me listen to my iPod on the airplane.

I can't believe we are leaving for Hawaii in less than a week. Panic is setting in. So is packing. Panic and packing. Will you miss me? Probably not. I will miss you, that's for sure. I basically begged the bride to give me tasks to do, as I am bored senseless when I go to Hawaii. This is why we haven't been back in two years. My plan was to meet up with friends, but they work during the day. Damn you friends, with your no-vacation lives. You're ruining mine.

Also I am not the relaxing kind of girl, obviously. Especially when it's motherf*ing 88 degrees outside and 98 degrees INSIDE the inlaws house. I'd probably love Hawaii more if I had a nice a/c'ed place to stay. I'd rent a car, but there is nowhere to go...as it's A GODDAM ISLAND. I could just drive around all week. HEY! I could totally sleep in the car with the a/c on! At least that way I'd keep cool and do a hell of a job ruining the environment! Two birds, one stone. We hate birds anyway.

As you can tell, it's late. And I am punchy. Did this Saturday post bore you? Then check out these potatoes. And shut it.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Not bored, but a little scared maybe! You sound angry!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Not angry. Slightly panicked. Ok. HUGELY PANICKED.

And I just really really wanted to use those song lyrics in a post title so I thought I'd talk about "ISLANDS".

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger this charming man said...

you should talk like a pirate the entire time there.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

And in Hawaii many of those birds we can kill with one stone are chickens!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

What do you mean there is nowhere to go? You could always hang out at the Soup Plantation. Oh wait, we don't have that here. Okay, then Target is always a nice A/C experience... damn it we don't have that either. Trader Joes? Nope. Chicken and Waffles. Sorry.

You're right, you're screwed.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

i totally hate birds, too. (and heat.) still, i'm jealous of you're going to hawai'i.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:34:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Myra, I thought you and I were going to go shopping at Victoria's Secret...oh wait..

Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Hey, its nice and cool here...
oh wait, i'm always in a/c.

Yeah, I hope you packed your tank tops and shorts...

And there are like Walmarts everywhere now. Don't go there though, its evil.

Monday, September 11, 2006 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I was too late to see why you & Nanette hate birds. But I do need to thank her for the free VS panties (her Glamour connection). Polka dot free!

Monday, September 11, 2006 2:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home