Tuesday, September 05, 2006

D*day

101 Ways to be a Crappy Mom, by Jenn.
#11:
Tell your Kid that you are going to give him his fave dinner of cold tofu+soy sauce+furikake. Strap him into his booster seat.
When he is done eating, yank the chair back, pin a towel around his neck and SHAVE HIS HEAD.

This is the only way my Kid will get his hair cut. The mere mention of the cutting of the precious hair and he goes into some odd crazy dance that is accompanied by loud screaming. Poor Kid. He'll never look at tofu the same again.

He HAD to have a haircut, as today is the big day. First day of daycare for the Kid, and first day back to work for me. I am very nervous, not so much about the job, (although I probably should be), but more nervous about how the 'drop off' is going to go with the Kid. We've discussed it, and he kind of gets it, but really, how much can a 2-1/2 year old 'get'? I hope he still loves me by 3pm.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Big First Day for both of you! Good luck...I hope it all goes well!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:21:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yes, good luck to both of you! Just think of all the fun stories he'll have for you each day!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Good luck to you both and to the daycare staff since he can put a hurt on them. Just remember you can always just leave him in the car all day.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

OMG I have so been there. It could easily go both ways, good luck to you!!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I must be a bad person. Because I am laughing at this mental picture.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

My son used to cry when he would get his hair cut but now he associates hair cuts w/ lollipops - good luck on your first day of work and drop off to day care...i go back to work tomorrow...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:58:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Shoot Will, at least put in the requisite "crack the window". sheesh...

so? how did it go?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm with you on the haricut issue BUT even more thrilled to read that there's someone else out there whose kid loves cold tofu. My little boy became obsessed with cold tofu and now my 8-month old goobles the stuff up which i run through the food mill and sometimes mix with a little milled up mango.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home