Monday, September 11, 2006

Don't walk away.
I need you more than words can say.
I feel for you, this everlasting flame.

In the past few days I have felt 1) Guilty 2) Depressed 3) Angry - All of the above. This whole daycare thing is killing me. It's nice to be loved, but damn. Today the Kid threw a hissy of grand proportions, freaking out to the point of faux-fainting. I felt like I needed to get a fan and some smelling salts for his Southern belle, ass.

I needed a break, so my cousin insisted that we go to Old Navy so she could buy clothes for the Baby. She feels that he is getting shafted as a 'second child' by having to wear the Kid's hand me downs. Not really. Since they are the same size, there's nothing much to hand down, but whatever. She got the Baby a whole new wardrobe and was very satisfied that his entire life would be changed because of it.

Meanwhile I decided to look around, since I had to throw out half of my wardrobe as well. I haven't worn this small of a size in like, ten years. Odd. Especially since I had pie for lunch and dinner today. HA! Three words: ALL* PIE* DIET. Anyway, I found the cutest mini skirt I have ever seen and I have decided to wear this every non-work day possible as it is the cutest skirt ever. My cousin also guilted me into being a good mother and buying the Baby his very own Halloween costume because...well, yes, I was going to give him the Kid's old one. Oh well. All I can tell you is...BABY MONKEY.

*not my kid*

9 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Such a cute costume!!!

Monday, September 11, 2006 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

That is one wicked cute outfit!

See, in Hawaii your kid would easily end up with heat stroke in something like that.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Keely said...

That costume is the cutest I've seen in a while. Adorable! :)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuff the costume. You should be writing professionally, Jenn.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:05:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I'm so on board for the all-pie diet. Where do we sign up?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:23:00 AM  
Blogger this charming man said...

pie!

i've got the key lime thing down now, so i'm thinking about adding a swirl of pureed raspberry. or maybe trying the key lime base of condensed milk and eggs and sour cream but using mago or a mango/berry mix.

man, i love pie.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:43:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Cute! You should dress the Kid up as a banana.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Sweet jebus, a Baby Monkey costume! That is fantastic!!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Now why would they put a banana in the kid's pocket. why?

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home