Sunday, September 10, 2006

It was always special, it was like water down the drain,
I'm always intoxicated, every time I hear your name

I took the Kid to a 'water play area'. This is in quotes, because it is NOT a water play area, yet every idiot in the town feels the need to strip their kids down to their skivvies and let them frolic around in that recycled water which is now contaminated by their dirty ass kids who 'swim' in the water. It's a water art piece people, not your personal swimmin' hole.

So the Kid, he loves to throw pennies into fountains. Any body of water he immediately reaches for my purse and asks for "moneyies." Hey man, I'm not a bank, get a job! 2 year olds can earn their keep too, you know.

So we go to the 'water play area' and I hand him 3 pennies. But first I tell him, "you know, when you throw these, you are supposed to make a WISH." He looked at me puzzled like. "Wish for something you really really want!" I tell him.

He looks down at his pennies, then at the water, then at me. He takes the first one, tosses it and says, "CUPCAKES!" Good start, I'd say. Second wish. He takes the penny, throws it, and says, "LOLLIPOPS!" Nice. Who doesn't want a wish full of sugar? Third and final penny. This is huge, as the Bank o' Mommy is now closed.

He looks at the penny, and I say, "Make one last wish, baby..." He holds it up, throws it hard and says, "MORE PENNIES!"
Smart kid.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Best. Story. Ever.

Kid is AWESOME!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 3:05:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Hahahahaha!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I hope you are saving for a good college...you've got a bright kid there! What a cute story!

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger tadaahhh said...

hahahah. i love him. but i can't imagine being able to hear him with the splashing, and shooting water fountains, and the screaming kids 'swimming' in the fountain. god, i used to see kids in the fountain all the time, parents having a picnic when i would drive by the fountain on loz feliz over by griffith park.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

brilliant! obviously, takes after you.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

What a sweet story! :)

And I just read your post about his first day of school. . . I hope he's doing better! The bawling part was heartbreaking, I bet! Alison did the same thing when she first started. . .lasted only a day or so! Hope T. is better now!

Monday, September 11, 2006 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Okay, we get it, he's a genius. Whatever.

More importantly, Simon and I are now using Soup Plantation as a way of getting what we want. For example:

"Can we go to Soup Plantation?"
"No."
"Can we go to Paris?"
"Well, okay, sure."

Monday, September 11, 2006 12:57:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I've figured out what it was that bothered me about that picture.

It looks like he's walking the plank.

Hey, there's a great party game mom!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home