Friday, September 08, 2006

Let me take you on a trip

So the Kid wakes up and says, "Mommy. I want to go to Disneyland." I said, "Nope, not today." Then he paused and said, "Then can we go to Soup Plantation?" Eh? Yeah, cause those two are sooo very similar. Can you imagine the rides there? Big Thunder Mountain of Croutons. Mr. Toad's Wild Rice. Ok. I've got nothing. bffjeninatlanta told me that Soup Plantation is called "Sweet Tomatoes" in the South because of the 'negative' connotations of the word 'plantation.' Interesting.

I do love salad. I could eat it every meal but I like the picking and the choosing of the salad items. Maybe I just like taking my own food. Hm. Maybe that's why I have so many platters and serving pieces around here. I never thought of that.

Well I gave him his wish and we went to Soup Plantation and he ate so much he got a tummy ache. That's not saying much since my Kid barely eats a handful of food per meal. Course all he ate was olives, corn and some boiled pasta. He was happy though. So I guess Soup Plantation does give you the same joy as Disneyland. Who knew? It's gotta be better than penisland, where Will wants me to take him.
.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penisland! Bwah, ha, ha!

-yvett

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

So sad I'm at work. I will have to check out penisland later. They call it Sweet Tomatoes here in CO too ... don't know why ... we're not exactly the South. Hubby loves that place, though of course he fought it tooth & nails the first time, cuz he's a real meat 'n' potatoes type of guy. Now he wants to go there 3x/wk. Men.

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

there's a party at penisland and everyone is comming.

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

there's a party at penisland and everyone is comming.

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I LOVE Soup Plantation, but haven't been in ages! I wish there was either one closer to me or that they were open later. I see a trip in a my near future perhaps.

Friday, September 08, 2006 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger SushiBoat76 said...

For a minute, I read Penis Island...I'm so there.

Friday, September 08, 2006 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I love Soup Plantation, too, although I always eat 3x as much as I should.

Friday, September 08, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

That's one place I wanted to go when I came home...there is nothing like it in Hawaii! So last week while I was in the Marina, I went. Yum!

Friday, September 08, 2006 2:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

In Seattle, it's called Zoopa. Weird.

Friday, September 08, 2006 2:45:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

hmmmm...I've considered going out with a guy from Chicago cause I don't want to drive there but do want to go. They have 3 of these Plantations. It looks good.

As for the other, I was disapointed. Way to smack a girl down.

Friday, September 08, 2006 4:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Love your new banner, btw!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger chad said...

It's called Sweet Tomatoes up here as well.

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home