Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mom always said, 'Don't play ball in the house'

TONIGHT. Just saying.
____________________

The Kid hates potatoes. Especially mashed potatoes. This is obviously not my son and he was switched at birth with some fat, potato-eating baby that is really mine. In order to get him to at least try some, I thought I'd make it into something fun and easy to manage, as the fork and spoon seem to be his enemy as of late.

So BRING ON THE BALLS. Potato balls, that is. Sure it's a mashed potato-veggie combo, rolled in potato chips, but who doesn't love potato rolled in...more potato?! Yeah, yeah, childhood obesity, blah blah blah. My Kid only weighs 20 pounds so he can stand to pack on a few.

Let me tell you, these are yummy. Even for OLDER fat kids, like me. And hey, 95% veggies, so I don't wanna hear it. It's good, and well, who doesn't love balls?*

Potato Balls recipe, HERE.

*I am almost certain that sentence alone will solicit a windfall of emails/IMs full of songs about robot+clone sex+balls of some sort, but I'll take my chances.

8 Comments:

Anonymous kristen said...

Bring on the balls????

Bring on the JAM!!!

Woot! 8:30 cannot get here fast enough.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

My kid won't eat mashed potatoes either! WTH?! What's not to like?

Tonight? She's on her own. Mama's getting her JAM fix!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kiddies eat potatoes but I'm sure they'll LOVE these!



TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT, JENN! ! !

-yvett

Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:52:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Woo hoo for JAM! :)

Those potato balls look yummy!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

hee-hee..nanette said potato balls

Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

The best food product I've ever had are the secret-recipe "potato puffs" at a little French bistro in Berkeley. They're basically mashed potatoes with a crispy french-fry coating, paired with some good but completely unnecessary dipping sauce. I'd ask for the recipe, but then they'd have to kill me.

Also good is dipping french fries in mashed potatos. Starch Fest!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Earl was still good but the Office...not so much. What the heck was that anyway?

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:14:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

I can't help but, notice, Jenn - your balls are a little misshapen.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home