Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pork chops...and applesauce

There's something about wearing slippers and driving myself around in a pickup truck that makes me feels like I'm in the country. Maybe I need to put a shotgun in the back.
____________
Slow cookery is being put to good use around here lately. I'm not a huge fan of it, seeing as how mushy food makes me kinda ill, but sometimes you get some good results.

All the work is prep, of course. And me, not too patient with the peeling. If I was an Iron Chef, maybe. Watch Sakai peel this apple. Fast, man!

This recipe for sweet pork chops+squash+apples is pretty darn good, if you've got a sweet tooth, and boy do I. It also reminds me of Fall. I love Fall.


sweet pork chops+squash+apples recipe, HERE.

3 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I'm going to try this recipe - the mushy apples/squash would be perfect for the baby me thinks. Plus it has a touch of pork fat for his palate. haha.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh these would make Peter proud!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger this charming man said...

glad to see i'm not the only one who thought of peter brady...pork chops and appleshauce!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home