Sunday, September 03, 2006

There's a tear in the fabric of your favorite dress
and I'm sneaking glances

Well the wedding is a few weeks and boy, do I look awful in this bridesmaid's dress. It's not my wedding, so who cares, but the brown ribbon across the waist? Good lord it might as well be a neon light pointing to my fatness. Also this dress, while cute, was clearly made for a TALL girl, as it was supposed to be knee length but when I got it, it hit my ankles. HA! Comical, really.

Luckily my other Grandma is a seamstress and she fixed the whole darn thing in a day. She's quick like that. She has this incredible knack for never needing a pattern, just being able to look at a person and knowing what to do. If only I had that sort of talent.

Here's a picture of the bridesmaid's dress (that's not me, obviously). I wonder - is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 10 days? UGH.

9 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

I'm thinking we liked that dress but we chose something more flattering. It's been a while.

I'm sure you'll look smashing. Good thing you have a talented seamstress who loves you. They aren't cheap.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger ren said...

no matter how pretty the dress, they always manage to make every bridesmaid look...not so pretty. you started out ahead by being lovely, so i am sure you will look just fine.

Monday, September 04, 2006 12:28:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

But what about the shoes?

Monday, September 04, 2006 12:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're designed specifically so that you don't upstage the bride. Anyway, who says thin is attractive? 30 pounds in the right places sounds about right!

Monday, September 04, 2006 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm sure you'll look awesome! :)

Monday, September 04, 2006 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

nice dress! good thing your grandma is a seamstress! i wish i can alter clothes...i always pay someone to hem my jeans...

Monday, September 04, 2006 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Oh good lord. I've so been there. I was practically on a hunger strike before my SIL's wedding. The idea of the dress looks cute ... but I know it would never translate to cute on me. Lucky to have that grandma!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 12:40:00 PM  
Anonymous CrankMama said...

If you find a way to lose 30 pounds in 10 days, let us know!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I've had to figure out a way to do that 3 times in the last year!!

Honestly, if I hadn't gotten the stomach flu 2 weeks before the last wedding I was a bridesmaid in, I would not have fit into the dress and my friend woulda killed me!

Friday, September 08, 2006 2:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home