Friday, September 22, 2006

You don’t call retarded people “retards.” It’s bad taste. You call your friends “retards” when they’re acting retarded. And I consider Oscar a friend.

Yeah, it's 4am L.A. time as I post this.

So...um...tonight. Tonight there was lots of sake and beer and homemade sushi. None of which I took part in, honest. I am simply telling you that to distract you from the fact that I did...NOT...watch the Office. *sigh* I am shaking my head weepily in disbelief myself. Don't get me started on the why or what or...let's just say that I am a good friend who is helping her friend have the best wedding ever. The end. Sacrifice, people.

After much cross-time-zone-text-messaging, Nanners filled me in on the episode. It sounds like a winner, which I will watch in full next week, banking on the fact that my Tivo still loves me. Heres' a picture of the groom-to-be drinking out of a sake box. How's that for proof? Eh. Here's your damn recipe. Phooey.
______________________

Here's the last of this week's recipes. I hope it was worth sticking around for. At least you know they are all tested and tasted. Look for my new tv show a la Paula Deen and sons, except me and the Kid + the Baby. HA!

Speaking of Southern cooking and moms...as kids, my mom often made Jambalaya for dinner. I know, we're Southern like that. Southern Californian. When I got older, I used to enjoy making this on a Sunday, when I had plenty of time to take care and simmer it just right.

Nowadays, I'm on the go and so I tried a variation using the crock pot, and I'll be damned if it isn't just as good. Still, I call it "Cheater's Jambalaya" cause really, there is no work involved, just chop up junk, throw it in there, and you're done. Well, you have to make rice too, but if you don't want to you can throw that in there too. Cheater.

"Recipe for: Cheater's Jambalaya"

7 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

If your TiVo stops loving you, you can come get some loving from mine.

Friday, September 22, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger tadaahhh said...

OH. MY. GOD.
you have to see that episode!! i am dying here.

Friday, September 22, 2006 5:23:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Sounds like you're having the perfect wedding shindig; but get home soon! I need a good recipe for cocktails. Nothing is working for me. I can't believe the week went so fast...

p.s. I really did not like the office. It had best get better. And no, I don't hate gay people. I dislike then changing everything good about a show for the new season.

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

So is this the third season now? I could see the show going downhill when they run out of the BBC's version's show ideas. I have the american season 1 dvd but haven't watched it yet.

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

i heart your crockpot recipes!

Monday, September 25, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

that sounds like a awesome recipe, my husband does not like sausage though, but I like it (yikes, that sounded better in my head).

And the beer and sushi sound good too, esp the beer part...

btw, my big fat vegas loser butt is back

Monday, September 25, 2006 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger this charming man said...

i'm loving that jambalaya recipe.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home