Monday, October 02, 2006

When you're alone and life is making you lonely...

Every year my mom gets season tickets to the Opera, and today was the first - 'Don Carlo'. Don't worry, this is not a review, if oyu really want to know what I think send me and email and I'll let you know. Don't even get me started on the Spanish Inquisition.

The Music Center is at the top of Bunker Hill, an area that has a great mix of downtown architecture. I love downtown L.A., with all it's faults - it's still one of my favorite places in this city. Most L.A.ers never go there, and they are truly missing out.

It was kind of cloudy today, but I took some pictures of one of my fave buildings, the Walt Disney Concert Hall by Frank Gehry - I love me some angles. I also stopped by the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels. Designed by Raphael Moneo and criticized by many, I have to say that once inside the cathedral, it's absolutely breathtaking. Also, does your neighborhood cathedral have a gift shop and cafeteria? Not like this one, lemme tell you.

Yes, there is much to hate about L.A., the smog for one, (It was so bad the other day I could...taste it.) but all in all, it's a good city. It is. I won't try and sway your opinion, just trust me as one of the few natives born and raised here. Speaking of taste AND of cathedrals, I made a latte cake today...in my cathedral cake pan! Man do I know how to bring a post to a conclusion, or what? Pictures of downtown, and hey - cake, HERE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I like downtown too and I actually go there. : )

Sunday, October 01, 2006 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Your cake is in the shape of a building, so it does fit in nicely with your post!

Monday, October 02, 2006 8:21:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hey! I go there too!

And native Angelino. . yep, yep! Call me one!

And the Disney building. . .isn't it crazy how it was causing all those accidents?

Monday, October 02, 2006 5:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home