Wednesday, November 08, 2006

If the shoe fits

Many times I have commented on the perils of pregnancy and the havoc it wreaks on my beloved shoes. How I went from a size 6.5 all the way to an 8. I have been holding steady at a size 7 for the past 2 years. Well blah blah, freakin' blah. You'll never guess...MY FEET HAVE SHRUNK.

No joke. What the...? I went to the Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale, cause god knows I need more shoes. I see many lovely pairs, grab a handful of them and hand them to the salesgirl proudly, stating, "SIZE 7. ALL of them, please." I sit and wait for her to return from the Bermuda Triangle, aka storage room. Soon after she appears with teetering boxes of gorgeous heels and flats, and my heart is giddy with anticipation. I try on one pair. Hm. Too big. Then another. Same thing? Then another. How in the...

So I bite my lip and shyly say, "Um, can I see these...ALL, in a size...6.5?" God how horrible. I didn't want to make her go back in the storage room of death. She might never come out! She reappears, only this time, with just one pair. Apparently size 6.5 isn't readily availiable in any of the styles I have selected. *sigh*

This is weird, you see. When I put on that one pair of 6.5s they fit like a glove. I was literally swimming in the 7s. So odd. How did this happen? When did this happen? And is it going to stop or am I going to end up with only peglegs?

Don't even get me started on what pregnancy does to your boobs. You don't want to know.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Well thank God for Le Magic Bra then, huh?

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i'm lucky my shoe size stayed the same-- but yes the boobs (as small as mine are) -- don't look the same at all...i know they weren't the same after finishing nursing my son and after nursing the baby girl who knows what will be left-haha.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Keely said...

I probably don't want to know. :) What I DO know is that at almost 12 weeks along, my boobs are getting bigger and it better stop or I won't be able to stand upright. Seriously. The husband loves it...and I say "Excuse me. They were big enough before." OY!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

[covering my ears and eyes as I don't want to hear or read about bigger boobs and feet a la pregnancy]

LALALALALA!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

The boob thing is the weirdest to me, I started as a B then got to a C-D while nursing which is nuts - I was so not used to it, and then I did get used to it since I nursed them both for 2.5 years. But now I'm a B again. crap.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:30:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Funny, I didn't have the foot problem but I don't have such petite girly feet as you.

The boob thing...well, that's a fluctuation that will continue for the rest of your life. Maybe if I find it I'll send you my recent boob rant to my best friend.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Oh, dear. As we've discussed, you know I am hoping to return to my library of pre-preg shoes. I am currently limited to 3 pairs, 2 very not cute. Bleh.

And the boob thing, I didn't get it this time around. Went up 1 strap size, same cup size. Got bigger boobs last year twice, but with losing the pregs, lost the hormones and the accompanying boobs too. Looks like I'll have to wait for the milk....what a roller coaster ride, eh??

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Annika said...

I went from a B to a G. Yes, a DDDD. My feet only went up about half a size, and only while I was pregnant - they're back to normal. But bigger feet would probably be helpful, since my boobs are threatening to make me fall over.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home