Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Jive turkey

The only way, I repeat ONLY WAY, to make a good Thanksgiving turkey is to brine it. If you learn just one thing from this blog, that'd be it.

Happy Thanksgiving.



Blogger Jodi said...

You lost me at 'CAVITY.'

Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

This confirms that I've known you for ages -- especially in blogosphere time -- because I vividly remember the FIRST time you posted that!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:13:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Brined turkey...right up there with deep fried turky as far as things people would bring me samples of if they loved me.

I always do mine the same. Lots of butter/lemon juice/seasonings. Tented with foil on low till it's falling apart smack you in the face astonishing. I won't leave my house I love my turkey so much. Maybe I'll start off brining a chicken...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh hell yes, our hoity-toity (read: expensive-ass) turkey is brining RIGHT this very minute, and will be until about 11 a.m. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it. Love T-giving. Love T-giving. Love T-giving.

OK, now I need a Tylenol from all that excitement.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

I don't cook turkey. I just eat it... Thats what my mom is for.

Friday, November 24, 2006 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home