Sunday, November 26, 2006

Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond.

Believe it or not the streets were pretty empty this weekend. I was shocked at my ability to travel the freeway so easily. If only every day were this desolate. I could get a lot more done.

I went out to Melrose, I used to go there regularly in high school and haven't really been back since. I wanted to go to Paul Frank and Kid Robot and saw SO MANY cute things I wanted. Since I was out that way I thought I'd take the Kid to get a hot dog at Pink's. Motherf* the line was at least 4 rows deep. Christ. I'll just make him a hot dog at home.

So we headed to Beverly Center, since we were out that way. Again, surprisingly light as far as parking and traffic. I must say, the new 'adult' Hello Kitty store, (that does not mean what it sounds like) Momoberry, is freakin' awesome. I dunno. I just have a soft spot for the design of Sanrio stuff, and seeing a Hello Kitty necklace made out of diamonds for $4000 is fascinating to me. However, it took all my energy to not buy the waffle iron - which was 50% off. You know how the Kid adores when I make him Sunday morning waffles.

My goal for the day was to get the kids to take a picture with Santa. No go. The Kid FREAKED when he saw him. I thought he'd grow out of that by now, sheesh. And it wasn't even the Beverly Center's HUNKY SANTA! Oh well. I guess this year I'll just have to photoshop the kids on Santa's lap.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Yes, if only traffic was this light all the time! We were just down on the Sunset Strip, which is usually a nightmare by midnight on a Saturday night and it was empty. Kind of cool, but freaky at the same time.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 1:43:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

wow! you are adventurous. i wouldn't have attempted! glad it turned out well, despite the line of "i'm done with turkey" hot dog-lovers at pink's. i see they offer "the patt morrison baja veggie dog," which is vegan (is patt a vegan? who knew?). of course, i'm so skeptical that i would never try it for fear my order was mixed up with the "poli bacon burrito dog" (which it totally would be with my luck). must make an effort to get back to beverly center at some point in my (lazy driving) life to check out momoberry. and also, hunky santa.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I don't blame the kid for not wanting to sit on Santa's lap. Creepy. Even if he's hunky.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm scared to go out today and battle any of the traffic of folks coming home today.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

you can do anything w/ photoshop!

Sunday, November 26, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Now I wish I'd woken up before 4pm on Friday and gone shopping...at least to Japan L.A....they had their Tokidoki bags 30% off...that day only of course.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Those hunky santas look just too...femme for me. And it's sad cause most of them were smokin. They should go to Abercombe...They knew how to get you in the holiday spirit. I even saw a mom take her baby's picture with those boys.

Monday, November 27, 2006 2:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home