Monday, November 27, 2006

This little piggy went to market

Let me tell you about my excellent day. It started with the weekly Sunday breakfast. I made the Kid pancakes, with whipped cream, and his new 'piglet sprinkles' that he picked out from Surfas. I also keep sprinkles in my purse, just so you know. Cause letting him go crazy with the sprinkles is the only way I can get this Kid to not be so heroin chic. (I want ALL OF THESE, by the way.)

After we ate, we headed out and went shopping for puzzles. The Kid is crazy into puzzles right now. He started off with a 10 piecer, but that proved to be unchallenging. So I moved him up to a 20. Nothin' for this kid. Now he's on a 45 piece, still no biggie. I am tempted to get him a 1000 piece but who's going to clean that sh*t up? Me that's who. So we'll stop at 45.

When we were out and about he said his ears were cold. So I got him one of these sherpa lined hats. It was especially effective in the frozen food aisle of Whole Foods. We got stopped on the street plenty, for people to ooh and ahh over him. Very cute. Being a shy kid, he was having none of it, so we went on our way.

Once home, I made him quesadillas for dinner, gave him a bocha (bath) and did our nightly 'read two books and sing one song'. I told him to think happy thoughts and to tell me what made him happy. For those keeping score, I was number one and somehow Nanners made it to number 5. She better not overtake me, is all I'm sayin'. Now he is zzz-ing peacefully.

I realized that spending the ENTIRE DAY together makes his tantrums go away. I mean, I knew that, cause he's a serious mama's boy. But it's not feasible. He has to go to school and I have to go to work and he's not going to be hanging on to my leg at the Whole Foods like today, 30 years from now... er...right?

(Where was the Baby in all of this? Well, home with Daddy cause poor kid had a 102 degree fever.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I'm honored to have made it into the top 5! There's no way I'll overtake you in the "happy thoughts" ranking because the stash of sprinkles I carry in my purse is all for Brent. I gotta keep the meat on his bones, too.

Monday, November 27, 2006 12:29:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

You BOTH keep sprinkles in your purses? Okay, now I don't feel so wierd about the flask of maple syrup in mine.

Monday, November 27, 2006 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Aw...I hope the Baby is feeling better.

Monday, November 27, 2006 6:43:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

i hope the baby gets well soon! -
my son is an "angel" too when we're together...i'm sure b/c all the attention is on him.

Monday, November 27, 2006 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Myra - I don't actually carry sprinkles in my purse. If there was one thing I could carry in my purse to make my hubby happy, it would be hot sauce.

Monday, November 27, 2006 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Ooh, i never thought about carrying sprinkles in my purse. Of course they would be for me, my boy will eat everything thats not nailed down.

Monday, November 27, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Oooh, I love Surfas's sprinkles too. They have the best selection anywhere.

Monday, November 27, 2006 3:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home