Monday, November 27, 2006

Time, time, see what's become of me

Working from home. The mere mention brings about images of sitting in front of the computer sipping morning coffee in your underwear. Uh. Scratch that scenario, there is no way in hell you will catch me in my underwear. I have a paranoid fear of a fire, or natural disaster, or something that will make me have to hightail it outta here, thus leaving me caught with my pants down. Literally.

For me, strolling into the office in a skirt and heels with my decaf peppermint mocha in my hand is definitely the way to go. I know that working from home is supposed to be helpful, supposed to be easier. Turns out it's just one distraction after another for me. Here's a short list of the things I did today instead of working while at home:
  1. Take the Baby to the doctor. I finagled my way into an appt this afternoon. Rushing him in there I got nothing but questionable looks as my cries of, "He's dying of a 102 degree fever!" were countered by a thermometer in the bum that read 98.5. Damn Baby. Now he's just screwing with me.
  2. Laundry: one load of kids clothes
  3. Laundry: one load of sheets & towels
  4. The Kid wanted muffins, so I baked a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip ones.
  5. Laundry: one load of adult clothes.
  6. Washed the dishes.
  7. Made crock pot chicken long rice for the Baby. Nothing tastes quite as good, when you are sick.
  8. Folded the laundry.
  9. Went to Target to pick up the Baby's prescription. The doctor gave me that 'Back again??' look.
  10. Got the Baby to drink whole milk instead of formula for the first time ever. He loved it and asked for it by name, "JUICE." Well, no one said he was a genius.
  11. Went to pick up the Kid at daycare. He was still wearing his sherpa hat. All day, apparently.
  12. Played with the kids. (note: I passed out on the floor for like 7 minutes. They were both still alive when I woke up.)
  13. Fed the kids dinner.
  14. The Baby's fever comes back, with a vengence.
  15. Washed the dishes, again.
  16. Bathed the kids.
  17. Made the husband dinner.
  18. Folded more clothes.
  19. Took a shower.
  20. Did the nightly 'two books, one song' thing, and put the Kid to bed.

Someone told me recently that they thought I had twice as much time in the day as everyone else, seeing as how much stuff I get done. Looking at this list, I only WISH that was true. Now, with all that done, I can finally get to 'work' and prepare for my meeting tomorrow. Luckily it is at the office and not at home. So I can wear pants.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading that!

Monday, November 27, 2006 9:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH! Care to share your crock pot chicken long rice recipe? I'm always looking for new recipes to try with my crock pot.

*dina
http://s0niele.blogsome.com

Monday, November 27, 2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

The recipe? Just click on the link...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home