Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Angela: Yes. But don’t expect any cookie.
Dwight: But what if I’m hungry?
Angela: No cookie.

So I had this idea for a cookie exchange. People come, bring cookies, we eat them, package up the rest and share the recipes. A simple, fun and DELISH way to spend the holidays.

Even *I* know when I'm in over my head. It's a simple concept, but it does take time and execution, not to mention space. Space free of Thomas train sets that is. So I enlisted the help of Nanners and we decided to combine our efforts and co-host this party. However, she had rules.

We had to keep it to people we both knew OR that we had met in real life. (That last bit meaning internet friends. Sorry strangers.) Which turns out to be a good thing since the Kid will be coming and you know how I am about that. (He'll be baking too, Burger Bites.) Also they HAD to be bakers. You can't be coming with Ralphs brand cookies, people. Her last rule? I was not allowed to go *crazy*. See 'pirate party.' And BSE. And...nevermind.

Our plan? Each guest brings 4 dozen cookies. Hold on. Don't freak. That's only like two batches, it's nothin'. About half we are going to put out for people to eat, then we are going to box up the rest for take away.

It should be fun. Apparently people are already trying out their recipes! Nanners said the ones she baked made some dude at work MOAN. Ok, that's just nasty. It's not that kind of party. If this goes well, we may do it again next year. Or in the spring even. I love cookies. Who doesn't love cookies? Well. Maybe communists. Or diabetics. But they aren't invited.

Stay tuned to see how it turns out.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Angela: Those aren’t chips and dip.
Pam: No, I made brownies. (Angela signs disapprovingly.) What?
Angela: I’m just trying to figure out why you’re sabotaging things.
Pam: I made brownies.
Angela: And I made cookies. Same category.

Monday, December 04, 2006 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I think it's a fun idea. Unfortunately, my test batch didn't make anyone moan...I actually groaned a little. But, I'm optimistic for the "real thing."

Monday, December 04, 2006 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

We had a cookie exchange last year. One word of advice: have people pack up the cookies at home and bring extras to snack on. We did it that way and everyone raved about how much better it was than packaging at the party. And less messy.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:41:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

That's it. I'm moving to California. I can't have any real bloggy friends that share cookies here in Arizona. Suck.

Oh, Jenn I thought of you this weekend! Do you watch The Alternative on VH1 Classic? If not, you must. The first video they gave this weekend was Everything Counts. They also showed Joy Division, The Cure, and World Party just in the first half hour. You must watch it!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! I want to make those Burger Bites for some friends. Any advice on where to find those "peppermint truffle" patties? I have looked before and no luck.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Caela said...

Only 4 dozen?

I have to make 6 dozen for the cookie exchange I'm going to! Craziness! Who eats that many cookies?

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:15:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Made a man groan?! That's sick. What kinda cookies are you guys makin' anyway?

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Peppermint truffle patties are EVERYWHERE. I am trying NOT to find them. I like the regular old mint ones. I am old skool.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Oh I love cookie parties, my coworker used to have them, but not anymore now that we all work at home.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home