Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's the thought that counts

I love giving gifts to people. I enjoy buying or making things for the people I adore. I know gifts do not equal love, but I do feel that gifts equal caring. You care about that person or think about them enough to give them a little something. While I do give a lot of gifts, I don't really get that many. Hm. What am I saying - no one cares about me? Crap. I just realized that. Anyway, I'm not complaining, it's just the way it is. So when I was out and about this holiday season I did buy a few things for myself:


1. Kitchen Confidential - Anthony Bourdain
I can't believe I haven't read this yet. I finally got around to picking it up.

2. Red Melamine Batter Pitcher
WS. My fave store. With all the pancakes I make on Sunday mornings, this little spout and handle will make it a little easier. And it's RED! Yay!

3. Adagio White Monkey Tea
I only bought this because of the name. You know this.

4. Sanrio Monkey Coinpurse
This thing will fit like 3 coins, but it's so damn cute and it was only $2. Come on.

5. Mario Batali Measuring Prep Spoons
I do not like Mario Batali, can't stand watching him in fact. However I would like to try his new L.A. Restaurant 'Mozza' because Nancy Silverton is the pastry Chef. Mmm. Pastries. Also his new line of kitchenware ? I fell in love with it. Because? CHOCOLATE BROWN. I can't resist that color. These spoons are useful tools AND they are measuring spoons. Awesome.

Merry Christmas to me, thanks me!

6 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

I received the batter pitcher as a gift for my birthday earlier this year. I love love love it.

Enjoy it!

Sunday, December 17, 2006 10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

We all deserve to treat ourselves...especially with inexpensive Sanrio stuff! Everything else seems quite practical too.

(Thank you for caring!)

Sunday, December 17, 2006 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Hope you enjoy Kitchen Confidential ... i thought it was a really interesting book. I love that batter pitcher too! :) I thought about buying one at Tuesday Morning when I was there week before last, but I'm too much of a cheapskate.

Monday, December 18, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger this charming man said...

Kitchen Confidential is great. Even better if you've worked in the restaurant biz. I worked my way thru college (and after) washing dishes, cooking, bussing, waiting tables and tending bar. I've hosted also. Work in restaurants long enough and you know everyone in that book by way of character archetype. He's a bit self-aggrandizing (but then, he's a chef) but it's a great read.

Monday, December 18, 2006 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You ARE an awesome gift giver, which I appreciate very much. :)

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:49:00 PM  
Anonymous shiz said...

I'm a gift giver too - for me, gifts = I like you, a lot. I never understood why people (ex-bf's) couldn't understand this. I recently read a book called The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman which is in the Religious section of the bookstore, but its really nothing religious about it - but its a fantastic book about how everyone has a love language, or express/translates our love. Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch. After reading it, I realized I was words of affirmation and gifts. They refer it to marriages but I think it is applicable for ANY relationship - friendship or otherwise.

Monday, December 18, 2006 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home