Monday, December 18, 2006

I've got a secret I can't explain
and all the time I've waited for this day

Every year our family does the 'Secret Santa' thing. When this was proposed I was not thrilled. I felt like we were 'asking' for things rather than 'thinking' of the person we were buying for. Anyway, it's been like 5 years now and it seems like we get MORE gifts. No one really sticks to the 'secret santa' rule, it's just a gift free for all where everyone gets like TWENTY gifts. What's the point, really?

I'll tell you WHO gets into the secret santa thing, O.G. I mean, I really don't go to great lengths to hide the fact that YES I AM YOUR SECRET GIFT GIVER. I just wrap all my gifts in the same damn paper. But O.G.? She goes out and gets 5 different rolls, writes the cards in different handwriting (hello, crazy) but the best one of them all, the BEST was when...

Jenn: "Um, what the hell is this?"
O.G.: "What?"
Jenn: "Someone, whoever my SECRET Santa was? They signed my card "Secret Santa" but CUT OUT DIFFERENT LETTERS FROM THE NEWSPAPER all stalker-like..."
O.G.: "Oh? Well that's pretty secretive."
Jenn: "I bet if I went to your house I'd find a newspaper with a bunch of freakin' letters cut out of it."
O.G. "Hm."
Jenn: "Whoever my Secret Santa was is a goddam serial killer, I think."
O.G.: "It looks VERY secret to me."

.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

OMG! OG rules!

Monday, December 18, 2006 9:22:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Wow! OG is supa secret.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That's awesome

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Marci said...

LMAO! Gawd I'd have so much fun hanging out with OG! LOL!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger tadaahhh said...

omg, that is HILARIOUS!! you should have taken a photo of that card and posted it.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

I'm probably going to be like O.G someday. That sounds like something I would do. OY!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

O.G. is so awesome!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home