Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Looks so good, bring a tear to your eye, sweet cherry pie

Christmas was excellent. Relaxing and fun, which is good any day - holiday or no. Our secret santa exchange went well - my Uncle asked for a sweater or ammo. Um, believe it or not, he got the ammo.
This year I brought dessert to our Christmas dinner. I have made cream cakes in the past, and they are always as delicious as they are pretty. This time I changed it up and made a Cherry Cream Cake. I happen to love cherries. I remember eating Maraschino cherries out of the jar as a kid. Some people may find that gross, but that sweet taste - I just love it. The only thing that is bothersome is that people think it looks like fruitcake, which is vile, and off-putting.

The leftover cherry juice? No, I wouldn't drink it straight from the jar, don't be crazy. However, mix it with Coke and you've got a damn good Roy Rogers. Roy Rogers carried a gun. Cherries and ammo. Mmm - Merry Christmas indeed.

Cherry Cream Cake, recipe HERE.

4 Comments:

Blogger bRuiner said...

The way you bring those 2 stories together at the end is like MAGIC! BAM!!!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:38:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Drool...over the cake...not the ammo...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

That cake looks yum, but you're teasing me since that rose pan was out of stock at the WS over here last time I checked. thanks.

Also the ammo for Christmas...um, yeah, disturbing.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:02:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

You didn't even have to tell me that was ammo. Who really needs another sweater?

Once I saw my mother feed my son a jar of marachino cherries for breakfast. That is SO not the woman that raised me.

I'm glad you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home