Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sick-boy, in his faded blue jeans
Sick-boy, black leather jacket scene

That's it. I'm packing my bags. Turning off my cell phone. There is no forwarding address. I am done...with life. I can't take it anymore.

This Baby is sick AGAIN. This whole month has been like this and this is the 4th time his fever has shot up over 102. Daycare won't take him anymore. I ended up having to check him into a hospital today so they could take care of him. They didn't want him either. They called me to tell me that he has major separation anxiety. Ya think? THat hysterical screaming I can barely hear you through was a dead giveaway actually. He just doesn't like strangers. I don't blame him.

I had a mini breakdown on the phone with the doctor because I just don't know what to do. All this sick - all this time off - it's making me nuts. I still have to pay the massive amount of $$ for daycare even if he doesn't go. My job is pretty ticked too. Should I not work? But I have to. No daycare? But I have no choice.

I feel awful and cry-y. I just want to slip away and no one will even remember that I existed. Instead I think I will eat Trader Joe's peppermint creams until I barf or pass out on the floor. Maybe when I wake up this will all be a dream and the Baby will be fine and I will be a millionaire. Right.

I have no happy ending to this post. So instead I'll just show you a picture of the Kid putting pig sprinkles on his ice cream cone. At least he's not sick. Knock on wood. No - seriously - someone knock on it. I need all the help I can get.
.

12 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I'm knockin'- I'm knockin', hope he's better soon.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:52:00 PM  
Blogger carolb said...

Poor you. I have no suggestions. I'm just sorry to hear you're having a tough go.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

I know sort of what you are going through. The youngest has had the stomach flu twice (once at the end of Nov and yesterday). Now hubby is sick and I'm not feeling so hot. UGH! Sorry!! :(

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Awww, man! I'm so sorry to hear about all of this! You know that if you ever need it, I'll be happy to entertain Kid while you focus on other stuff. I'm happy to find chairs for him to hide under, watch him do puzzles much faster than I can and help him bake cookies with no nuts! SERIOUSLY!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

Ouch! My knuckles are sore from knocking. I second Nanette's offer above...take care.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:52:00 PM  
Blogger xtena said...

Hang in there. The baby will get better soon!!!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

oh! i feel for you. sending good thoughts.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger My Little Corner said...

Oh you poor girl. I hope that someone comes to your rescue! Or that it just stops - a Christmas Miracle! I hope everything will work out for you soon.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:35:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I'm glad you have people offering to help you and you know you have my sympathies. Been there done that and it's why I didn't have any other kids. Cause I had to work and I couldn't go through what all you just described again.

Go puke now.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Crap on a cracker, Jenn. That sucks. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but for now peppermint creams and barf will have to do. :(

Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Keely said...

Just knocked on wood and freaked my dogs out. I hope he gets better soon and that you are able to enjoy your weekend.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger BlogWhore said...

I'm always so impressed with your daily musings. And I constantly wonder how u do it all; the two kids, the job, the crafts, the cooking / baking and still time to watch tv.

U're doing good. U're a good mom.

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home