Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Smells like teen spirit

I have always thought the Baby smelled like ham. No, really. Like, I sniff his little ears and it smells like Easter dinner. What up with that? I didn't think anything of it til one day my mom said, "This boy smells like maple syrup." Hm. A ham glazed in maple syrup, maybe? Then she said, "No, there is a disease called MAPLE SYRUP DISEASE." Go on, now.

I looked it up, and there is! Only to be more specific it's called "Maple Syrup URINE Disease." That's lovely. I guess your pee pee smells like sugar. Interesting.

Suffice it to say, the Baby does NOT have Maple Syrup Disease, he doesn't even have Honey Baked Ham disease (I may have made up. Ok, I did.) The culprit of the sweet ham-y smell is the baby bath soap I have been using. Aveeno - which is good for kids prone to excema, or if you just want smooth skin - is a soothing oatmeal bath. It must have some sort of sugar in it, cause dammit, I just wanna eat that kid up when I smell him.

Thankfully he only smells of sweetness and ham. He does not smell like urine. Things could be worse.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Dude! I totally think my boss has MSUD!It SO explains why sometimes she smells like sugared piss water. I just thought it was this one sweater she often wears, or because she has young children who maybe still wet the bed, but no. Now it all makes sense. Thank god I no longer share an office with her. :)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

yikes! good thing its maple syrup and not that immitation Mrs. Butterworth crap.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 12:26:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

I kept thinking the cat was peeing outside the box, turned out it was the boy's shampoo that I was smelling.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:30:00 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

he could smell like poop, that would be worse!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

As long as it's not Virginia ham, because that smells like rancid feet!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

I first head about that Maple Syrup disease in some mystery/murder novel, back in the 90's. I swear I sat next to soneone with it on my long-ass flight back from Japan a few years ago - in COACH, in the MIDDLE row - and the dude not only smelled like moldy pancakes, he also had BO and was drunk.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Oh, and have you doused your son in that NY State maple syrup I sent you? Could that be the issue?

Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home