Friday, December 22, 2006

Spamalot

People who read this blog love purses!
You truly are my peeps. My homies. My thugz.
___________________

You know that scene in A Christmas Story where the mom never gets a hot meal cause she's always having to get up and get things for the BOYS in her family? Are you following me on this? I feel that pain. Cause everytime I sit down to eat a little something it's "Mommy. Apple juice." "Mommy. The Baby threw his cracker." "Mommy. My butthole."

As if that weren't the worst meal of the day for me, it may well be my only meal. When I am at work I don't have any time to eat. If I remember, I try to make myself a cup of hot green tea in the morning. That sits on my desk until I remember it's there and by then it's ice cold.

I usually realize I haven't eaten by about, oh, 3pm. At that point I feel like I can push it until I eat with the kids around 5:30 - what's another 2.5 hours, really? Except for that one day at work when I nearly passed out at 2pm cause my hands were shaking so bad from low blood sugar. Yeah, that was no good.

One solution is to have food that you can take on the go. (A recipe is coming if you are still following this lame story. Just hang in there.) One of the Kid's faves is Spam Musubi.

I know. Spam. The thought probably makes you sick. But trust me, it's not bad when done RIGHT. And by right I do not mean that crap they sell you wrapped in plastic wrap for $1.50 at the Local restaurant.

So trust me on this. And make it MY way. You won't be disappointed. You also won't die from malnutrition. Now I just need to heed my own advice.
Recipe, HERE.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Although, there is something I love about the $1.50 Spam musubis that have been sitting under the heat lamp all day at 7-11!

Friday, December 22, 2006 2:16:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I thought Spam sushi was some sort of urban legend. Wow. And ew.

Friday, December 22, 2006 7:55:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Ah yes, spam musubi, my son's drug of choice.

Friday, December 22, 2006 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

No thanks.

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Rokes said...

Damn, that looks SO GOOD right now!! I like Spam...it's the "when-there's-nothing-to-eat- up-in-here" go-to food!

Friday, December 22, 2006 1:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home