Where was I?
I was in Vegas, baby!
1. Why is a 3-1/2 hour drive to Vegas so much easier
than a 2 hour drive to San Diego? Driving to SD sucks.
2. I found out that I can totally be a single mom...IF I had three nannies. Good lord. WHAT A LOT OF WORK. Lots of bonding time with the kids though.
3. Even though I was gone, Nanette
and I still emailed each other thursday night, "...did you see Pam & Jim..." "...jinx, sooo cute..." "...high from a lip ring..." We are dorks.
4. Roulette and I have an odd relationship. I give it faith and devotion and it gives me buckets of money. LOADS
. (Guess how much. Go ahead.) Sure it's not love, but it's still satisfying.
5. It's amazing that people still dress like hoochies in their mid-40s'. Just when does that get old? Someone should make a chart so that I am aware.
The real reason I went to Vegas? To see Depeche Mode at the Hard Rock Hotel on Sunday night. How was it? Well...let's just say that the difference between Vegas and L.A. is that out here - they are gods. Everyone knows every word, every move, every note. They don't, say...walk out in the middle of an excellent acoustic version of "Shake the Disease." *sigh* Oh well. Most people were probably comped tickets and drunk and just happy to be outside. Oh yeah. It was outside, 'concert under the stars'. Nice weather though.
I had fun anyway - while my cousin, (like when we saw Erasure) lamented our lost youth and the fact that we are no longer in our 20s'. True, it's hard to go to bed at 1am and get up to two kids at 6am. Not something I'd recommend.