Monday, January 08, 2007

Am I right? Am I wrong? Or am I just dreaming?

I always tell the Kid to have 'sweet dreams' before he goes to bed. My mom always told me that, and I guess it just stayed with me. Whenever I lay my head down at night, I always try to think of things that make me happy. It's a nice way to drift off to sleep.

When I tuck The Kid in bed, he gives me a list of demands: "Mommy. Kiss me. Hug me. Put my blanket on me. Tell me you love me." I swear to god. Every night. Suddenly he's a drill sergeant. I tell him to think of 'nice things'. He usually tells me it's cupcakes, Disneyland, or Nanette.

In the morning, when he wakes up, I ask him what he dreamt about. It's always the same. BOATS, boats and more boats. WTF with the boats? Is he going to be a spinach eating sailor man? I need to look up some dream analyzations for that schiznit. I half suspect he just tells me 'something' just to shut me up. "Yeah mom, I dreamt about...boats last night, yeah. That's it. Now where's my breakfast??"

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Here's what a dream dictionary says about boat dreams: The boat is a dream symbol for your life and/or business, and the dreamer must pull together all the aspects of this dream to approximate the meaning, such as: the water, whether it is clear, murky, inland lakes, or oceans, was the boat moving, etc. Your mom may also be a little nuts, but she's a great cook, so never forget that.

Monday, January 08, 2007 12:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home