Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Flava Flav!

I need big time help. I am planning an ice cream party for the Kid's upcoming birthday and I need some ideas for flavors. In the past I have made coffee toffee, green tea, lychee sorbet, and watermelon sorbet.

You will never guess what I got for Christmas - a soft serve ice cream maker, can you believe it? Just in time for the party. I am enlisting sko_G - fellow ice cream lover (just look at his freezer!!) to make chocolate ice cream - but coming out of this machine I fear it may look more like Unko Chan than I'd like. So we'll probably stick vanilla in there. Heh.

And get this, with all my ice cream eating of past, I think I now have...lactose intolerance. I feel barf-tastic when I eat ice cream lately, which saddens me, as my days of eating ice cream for breakfast, may be over. ~sniff~

Anyway, my brain is rattled (as usual of late), and I need ideas. So I want to know: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?


Blogger Jodi said...

Mint Chocolate Chip. I know...kind of boring, but it's what I like.

(There are now mint chocolate chip Pop Tarts, which are pretty tasty!)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Favorite flavas:
1) Cookies and Cream
2) Cake Batter (thank you Cold Stone)
3) Banana (only from g'ma and g'pa's hand-crank freezer, thanks)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:23:00 AM  
Anonymous CoryAlayne said...

I'm a big fan of Cake Batter, too...

...but the real reason I'm posting is because I read your blog a lot (great recipes!), and when I looked at it today, I laughed out loud... I got the SAME ice cream maker for Christmas! My fiance and I just made peanut butter ice cream on Monday night, and it was GREAT. And the thing is SO easy to use and to clean, so have fun!


Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:31:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

wow! lucky you...i want one of those...
at our recent gift exchange (w/ my cousins) - we had a trio of sorbets of which "coconut" was included -- i think that was the first time i've ever tried coconut sorbet...and it was just yummy!!!! you should try that!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:24:00 AM  
Anonymous rheart said...

Ben & Jerry's White longer offered in pints. Jerks.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

- recently had a stupendous Concord Grape sorbet
- also a lemon ginger sorbet (both at Ici in Berkeley but I guess you can't really crank that out in your soft serve machine)

- strawberry
- green mint chip
- mocha almond (no fudge)
- apple pie (vanilla w/chunks of pie)
- purple taro

never had these, but how about making them...
- Earl Grey or just milk tea ice cream
- Thai Iced Tea
- Rose
- Cardamon
- vanilla w/chunks of pumpkin pie

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Rocky Road.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Oops, forgot to add haupia, green tea and azuki.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Lactose Intolerant - but my favorite soycreams are:

Soylicious Mango and Vanilla
Tofutti Mint Chocolate Chip

plus I also enjoy a wide variety of sobets - my favorite being cherry vodka!


Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. I'm astonished by the variety of flavours that are available in the USA. My favourite is mint choc chip but my mother used to make a fabulous Tia Maria ice cream which is definitely my all time fave

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

- Chocolate Malted Crunch from Thrifty's
- Daquiri Ice from Baskin Robbins
- Moosetracks (vanilla ice cream with tiny peanut butter cups in them)

As for more generic flavors (with your ice cream machine in mind), I like vanilla and strawberry with stuff like berries. :)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

i found an interesting recipe for amaretto, but i am guessing that since it's a kid's party that wouldn't be such a good idea.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Keely said...

Strawberry Cheesecake
Peanut Butter

Oh yum. I want ice cream now. :)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jaysey said...

Just stopping in from Plain Jane's site. I'm a fan of Mossetracks...anything with some chocolate in it.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:10:00 PM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Coffee with Reeces pieces peanut butter cup mashed in.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 2:10:00 PM  
Anonymous SilliGirl said...

I like liquor flavored ice creams, and hey, it might be a kids' party but there will be adults there! A recent discovery: Ben and Jerry's Black and Tan. Yum.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:32:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

duh. coldstone cake batter.

girl, you're knocked up again aren't you.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger PurrrL said...

Gelato is everywhere to be found here, and my most recent memorable discoveries have been:
Ferrero Rocher

Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home