Tuesday, January 09, 2007

good vs. craptastic

Did you see it this morning? The clouds parted. The sun came through. The heavens opened up and there was singing. Yep, the kids went back to school today. Thank god. They are much better off without me around, let me tell you.

Lately something great has happened only to be followed by something that annoyed me. What's up with that? I decided to make a mental list in my head to keep tabs.

Things that annoy me:
1. If the sign says, "3 cars per green light" that does not mean, car number two - that you should stop and sit and wait for the next green light. It means you GO dumbass, because inevitably, I am always car number 3.

Things that amuse me:
2. Someone stopping me and asking me if my boys are TWINS.

Things that annoy me:
3. Sending out my brother's wedding invitations only to see that I got the date wrong. The year to be exact. I would like to kill myself now.

Things that amuse me:
4. The Kid telling me, "Mommy. I love you more than armpits."

Things that annoy me:
5. Not knowing how to change my work voicemail. Oh well, I'll just leave it as Lisa Gonzalez, cause it just means that I'll be getting less messages, thank god.

Things that amuse me:
6. Getting knitted strawberries in the mail. That is the awesomest of awesome.

Things that annoy me:
7. My Aunt telling me that I'd love Pinkberry, however she didn't bring me any, she just brought over the empty bag to show me.

Craptastic always wins. It hurts more. ~sigh~

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

For those of us who aren't parents, the back-to-school thing this morning sucked ass. Even more idiots on the commute to work. Luckily, I only go about 8 miles or I'd drive off an overpass.

Monday, January 08, 2007 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

ah, you got them =)
while on maternity leave, i forgot to change my voicemail to let people know i was going to be away for awhile, "sigh"...

Monday, January 08, 2007 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Knitted strawberries? All I got were knitted brussel sprouts!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

I get the twins comment too. Umm, they are like 2.5 years apart, 20 pounds apart and 10 inches apart. ARG!!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 6:04:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I don't know. I think the armpit comment could wipe out any craptasm thrown my way.

Did you know that the human body has two types of skin, the regular kind and the kind under our armpits. When we're born, we are mostly covered in the kind under our armpits. It gradually changes. That's why babies smell so good. No, really. I read it in a book.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Is this his "Like List"

1. Soybeans
2. You
3. Armpits

?

Hahhaha

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

He loves you better than pancakes too doesn't he?

I love the strawberry. That made me happy just seeing it.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Lisa Gonzalez called she wants to know if she has any messages.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home