Sunday, January 14, 2007

GTA. Grand Theft Auto: City of Angels

The Kid: "Mommy...someone stolded, our car?"

I have lived in Los Angeles my whole life. I have never been mugged (I can't tell you how many people I know who have. Too many) I have never been stabbed while shopping at the mall (my mom was, last year), and I have never been punched in the face on the street (that happened to my co-worker, a girl).

Things that HAVE happened to me? I HAVE had a bum throw a cup full of soda at me. I HAVE been hit by a car while walking across the street. And now, I HAVE had my car stolen.

I kept standing there between the two cars, looking at the empty space and going, I know it's here...somewhere. I kept hoping that it was towed so that I'd have no one to blame but myself. No such luck. I am pretty diligent about reading all the signs before I park. I was surrounded by Beamers and Mercedes, but yes, go ahead and take my 7 year old Honda with the personalized plates and backseat full of kids stuff, cause you know I won't be needing that car seat to get my Kid home or nothing. Not only was the baby car seat in it, but my Kid's personalized backpack full of Thomas trains, the Baby's blanket, and oh yeah...HAHA T.O.O. Bye monkey. We will miss you.

It was also the coldest day in the history of the known universe, and the Kid and I both have freezer burn on our faces and hands from standing outside. And oh yeah, did I mention the old lady, O.G. was with us too? Yeah. Great. We were all at a restaurant for a wedding shower. So here I am with an 86 year old lady and the Kid, standing on the street in the freezing cold with no car. Thanks thieves, you guys are the best.

I know those things are replaceable. Yes, I know things could have been worse. But it's very hard to not feel angry and violated when your CHILDREN'S stuff is gone.

The Kid told me tonight, "Mommy? I think a stranger took HaHa T.O.O. I miss him."
That...made me cry.
.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Annika said...

I feel your pain. I really hope they find it. I was mugged getting out of my car. He took the car. It was recovered ten months later, but by then my insurance company owned it and I had a new one.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh my god. This just made me so sad. Wow. I've never had this happen to me, but it's one of my great fears in life. I truly hope your car will be recovered, kids toys, taco and all. Those bastards.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 10:42:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

What? Oh my gosh, that's horrible. So so sorry Jenn. I hope they find it with HaHa T.O.O. safe too.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I know it sounds trite, but I'm just glad you, The Kid, and O.G. are all safe, even if wind-burned. I do feel sad and angry for you though and hope something good comes out of this b.s. you now have to deal with.

(would have commented earlier, but my internet just came back!)

Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:29:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

So sorry! Poor Haha T.O.O.!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger carolb said...

That totally sucks. In addition to some creep taking your stuff, it's the whole hassle of getting everything back. Ugh. What a huge pain. Glad you guys are okay, though.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Jenn! That's so horrific! I'm so, so, sorry for you. And I sincerely hope they find them and beat the bastards!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Keely said...

This sucks. I'm so sorry. I had my car stolen in Chicago years ago & it was a horrible feeling. People who steal are bastards.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 1:45:00 PM  
Anonymous shiz said...

That totally sucks. WTF is up with people anyways. I'm glad that you OG and the kid are all okay though!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home