Friday, January 19, 2007

"I miss Dwight. Congratulations universe. You win."

It's always hard to pick an Office quote for these posts. But this one won out. Not just because I *heart* Jim...ok that's exactly why I picked it. I like guys with funny hair. For those of you asking, I do not watch the Office until 10pm. At that point I can watch it free of commercials and get my 30 Rock on, as well.

Yes, I loved this episode more than any this season, I daresay. And not just because Jim still loves Pam, but because I actually laughed out loud for the whole 30 (17-tivo) minutes. Andy's cell phone. Celebrating Oscar's "Mexicality." It all made me crack up. Also per the Office, I plan to now label all my lemonade bottles with a Spanish letter ñ. Cause you know, I love the ~tildes~.

I think I am all set for the ice cream party. This week I made green tea ice cream and coffee ice cream. I am going to make 2 batches of vanilla for that machine thingie, and maybe one more something else. We will have like 8 ice cream flavas for our guest's enjoyment. And tonight I made Root Beer Sherbet which is so goddam delicious, I cannot tell you.

Root Beer Sherbet recipe, HERE.

*animated gif courtesy of Schmiss.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Have a great party! Root beer sherbet sounds divine! Almost naughty naughty! Oops! Sorry!

(Almost to Season 2 of The (American) Office).

Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Jinx on post titles, my wee ninja!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

JINX and you didn't even tell me to buy you a Coke. Sad Nanette, sad.

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

It was truly an inspired episode. I really appreciated the Andy goes psycho bit. hehehhe

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

i totally cracked up at the "lemoñadé" scene!

i cant wait to try your green tea ice cream recipe.

Friday, January 19, 2007 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Just Plain Jane said...

ok we have the same ice cream makers- how do you get your sorbet to look like THAT? Mine was very watery looking after 23 mins of mixing. Please help!

Friday, January 19, 2007 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Just Plain Jane:
Hm. All I can advise is that you make sure you barrel is well frozen, and also sitting flat bottom evenly when you stick it in the freezer. Let it go for like 35 mins or until it starts to "climb" up the sides. That should do the trick.

Friday, January 19, 2007 4:36:00 PM  
Anonymous shiz said...

Jenn, Hiroko and I have a request. I was wondering if we can have an ice cream party. I believe that we have cracked the code to the Pinkberry recipe. AND, we can provide our own damn mochi (the WLA one has been out now for two days in a row and it's really pissing me off).

Friday, January 19, 2007 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Really? Was it THIS?

Friday, January 19, 2007 6:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how she wrote "fobulous" because she looks like a FOB! Okay, was that mean?! Sorry.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

OK, you're a goddess. My hubby went bananas for this recipe. I have no idea why I didn't praise you for it before ... perhaps I didn't read so I didn't know what the photo was. Yay for you.

Monday, January 22, 2007 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

Nope, it wasn't that recipe you linked to, but there is a certain "asian" flava that you may know of...I'll tell you in email, because THAT might be the secret ingredient! HA!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:26:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I loved that episode too! So many funny lines.
recipes sound good!

Friday, February 02, 2007 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home