Sunday, January 07, 2007

Kevin: "I hear Angela’s party will have double-fudge brownies. It will also have Angela."

Ok, enough with the Vegan baking. To not use butter and eggs is a sin, I tell you. Plus no one wants to eat that crap when you tell them there's no butter in it, no matter how good it tastes. And I'm not one to sit around and convince your ass to eat my baking. So screw it.

As with everything I bake - I seal it for your protection. I mean, uh, for freshness. And of course I have to put a label on it. A cute one.

Back to basics - I *heart* bundt bakeware a little too much. So much so that I got the 'stadium' pan as a Christmas gift, but I found that unless you really get into the decorating, it just looks like a big 'ol bowl. So ferrgetit. I am very particular about my bakeware, so I returned it and got...THE CASTLE PAN. Oh yes. Anything architectural I will have in my hot little hands.

I made this plain boring cake recipe for O.G.'s bday. The woman adores white cake. She does not like flavor or something. Anyway, it came out cute as is. These pans are worth it to me cause they are NOT one hit wonders. I use the hell out of them. Last night I came across THIS ONE and I - must -have -it. It will be mine. Soon.

Castle Cake how-to, here.

Also: I saw THIS on the Williams-Sonoma website. Wow. Sprinkles has hit the big time now. They are good. That much is true. But as a baker, I am hardpressed to pay $3.50 for a cupcake.

5 Comments:

Blogger carolb said...

That is very cool. I bought the fairy cottage bundt pan from Nordicware and really loved how that looked as well. If you're interested, I posted them here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/63299638@N00/sets/72157594417927140/
I found it to look very nice just plain chocolate with some icing sugar and it highlighted the details very nicely. Then I went all out and decorated it gingerbread house style. FYI - I never was interested in bundt pans before I started reading your blog.

Sunday, January 07, 2007 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

omg, i love that CHRIS-anthem one too.

hey, i should write a song about myself and it will be my anthem.

Sunday, January 07, 2007 1:07:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Must live vicariously through you on the bakeware.

I made the best cinnamon roll cake for my son's girlfriend today. I was going to post my recipe but dagnabit if I couldn't think of a good title...

Sunday, January 07, 2007 4:58:00 PM  
Anonymous KQ said...

I love my sandcastle bundt pan. You can cute up that cake pretty good, too. Turbinado sugar and chocolate rocks are fun... this was for the birthday of a little girl who loves bugs:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1388536372039385776ieQQgO

Monday, January 08, 2007 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger lama said...

Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
How to Use Silicone Bakeware. Silicone bakeware is high-tech and easy to store and clean, which makes it an appealing option to many bakers.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home