Tuesday, January 16, 2007

mini me

$550 later, the car is back. And I got rid of the personalized plates. Take that stalkers! This took me ALL day to accomplish and I had to go to three different places - the DMV, the police, then the impound lot. (Did I fail to mention that this is actually not my car? It's um, someone else's car...who lives with me.)

Long story short I spent all day getting this stuff done, my head was all crazy, and....I forgot to pick up the Kid. Oh. Crap. It was past 5, and I always like to get there early and be the first to pick them up. I can't stand the thought of their little lonely selves being the last ones there. Luckily daycare doesn't close til 6, so I wasn't really late, just later than I would have liked. I am very hard on myself, as you can tell. The Kid didn't even notice. Still, I felt awful.

To make up for it, I let the Kid help make the 'treat' for his school birthday celebration. I filled MINI CONES (too cute) with cake batter, so they came out like mini ice cream cone cupcakes. Just enough sugar for a 3 year old, if you ask me. Then I frosted them and he added the little sugary sprinkles.

Check out what I rigged up to carry these things to school. Yes kids, Mommy just bought a pair of faux croc 2-1/2 heel pumps. But it was only so I could carry the cupcakes in the lid, honest.

Mini ice cream cone cupcakes how to, HERE.

I hope the kids like them, along with their gift boxes. It's going to be a fun day, as long as I don't forget and leave him there again. ~sigh~ .

4 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

Mini cones? That's perfect!

I tried this once with regular size cones and I totally messed it up. The batter erupted like volcanoes and spilled out over the side. Someone told me that you need to use a certain kind of batter.

Of course I used box mix so that's probably where I went wrong, right?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. If some of the parents I deal with made half the effort you do parenting, they'd be amazing. You're just really amazing and you have great kids who will appreciate it.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

No, no, no. Box mix is just fine however, you know I'd die first before using that, so I made mine from scratch.

But box mix should be fine, that eruption is normal, you just need to fill less. These erupted too but I wanted that to give a 'poofy' ice cream look.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:44:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

thanks for sharing! - ideas to think of when my baby turns 1 in 6 months!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 7:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home