Wednesday, January 17, 2007

No cupcakes...for you!

Guess what? I took the cupcake cones in to the school only to be...DENIED. Yup. No go for the cones. What did I do? I threw them on the ground and screamed, "Well screw you then!" No, I didn't do that at all. But it might have been a fun day at daycare if I did.

They said they no longer accept homemade goodies and that it had to be HEALTHY food so I should go down the street to the market and buy pre-packaged store bought food. How that is healthier, I have no idea, but I get where they are coming from. Who knows what people put in their baked goods, I guess. Even if I brought in fruit I'd be denied, it has to be STORE BOUGHT.

The Kid was sad, he wondered why he couldn't give out the cupcakes that he painstakingly sprinkled so lovingly. So off I went to buy crappy Hostess muffins. Some birthday.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Yeah, because we all know that store-bought stuff full of chemical perservatives is WAY healthier than that homemade crap. Puh-leez! Aren't kids allowed to have any fun anymore?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Ditto Jodi. Sheesh!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

No freakin' way! I think I would have started to cry. Poor kid.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

My school system banned homemade food after an outbreak of something...I don't remember what. It's funny, though, because you can feed the staff anything you want. Just the kids have to be protected from homemade stuff...

Thursday, January 18, 2007 3:03:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

That's ridiculous!! I had heard how anal public schools had been getting about this thing, but I didn't think you'd see it in a private preschool!!! Amazing. I keep telling my (law-school student) sister ... lawyers have screwed everything up!!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:47:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

oh no! i feel bad for your little boy! --

Thursday, January 18, 2007 7:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

1. That is totally nuts.

2. If you need help getting rid of those cupcakes, you know where to find me.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

thats totally uncool and ridiculous since store bought is always more fatty and full of crap. my daughter's school 'suggests' to bring in a birthday book to donate to the class library. yeah, right. she just said, I think cupcakes would be best, mom. cupcakes are best.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home