Sunday, January 14, 2007

THIS JUST IN!

Good news. Car found. Better news - it was not stolen after all. It was impounded. At least it wasn't from parking in the wrong spot cause I told you I check that sh*t. No, they said that the registration was expired for an entire year, which I find hard to believe. I'm working on figuring that one out. The reason they couldn't tell me that in the first place, when I called to report it stolen - was that it doesn't go into the system immediately, so the police just said, "Yeah, sure. It's stolen." Gee, thanks.

Also, the registration sticker on the back was ripped off. So THAT was stolen. I'm not surprised, it's happened to me before. People steal those stickers all the time, yes, even if you cut the sticker.

I don't care. I am relieved. I feel 100 times better and thanks for all the thoughtful comments. I started to panic earlier today when the Kid kept freaking everytime we left the car and telling me, "We can't go to the market, a stranger is going to stole the car!" ~sad~
More importantly HAHA Too will be home soon. Yay!
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Ya know what probably happened? HaHaToo took it for a joyride, the cops noticed the erratic driving and followed him as he drove back to the parking spot.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Yay!

Although if nanette is right I think you should ground Haha T.O.O. for several months.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:18:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

AWESOME! Nanette hit it on the head. I'm not surprised either that Haha Too looks like a sneaky fellow.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I have it on good authority that HaHa T.O.O. is an upstanding monkey who would not cause so much trouble!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Annika said...

YAY! And ohmygod, THAT happened to me once TOO. That was an expensive day.My husband had forgotten to renew the registration for TWO AND A HALF YEARS.

Seriously, I am SO RELIEVED for you.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I'm so glad your car's OK ... that would have been a major pain in the butt. But I've never heard of them impounding for expired tags! Ridiculous. When we lived in WI, I refused to put their ugly plates on my cute car, so I kept my CO plates and paid WI taxes for the tags, which I think put on my CO plates ... hehe. No one ever knew. ;)

Monday, January 15, 2007 6:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Keely said...

YAY! This makes me so happy for you. Pain in the ass getting your car towed, but at least you get it and everything inside back. :)

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger BlogWhore said...

i was worried for you.

glad the stuffy is back home

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:15:00 AM  
Anonymous kerrianne said...

Is it just me, or does it seem weird that they wouldn't call you first? Wouldn't you have been listed as the owner? Or maybe they did and I missed that part. :) I would just be rather upset if they impounded the car without, say, walking up to my door to ask what was going on.
Glad it's back!

Monday, January 15, 2007 5:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home