Monday, January 22, 2007

Your love is better than ice cream

Wow. That party was...something. It was supposed to be small, I swear. When people started arriving I realized...it was anything but. There were about 20 adults, and only 6 kids, but it felt like there were 100 in the room. Oh the noise. Oh the laughter. Oh the fun. I think the adults had fun, but man, it was CCRRAAZZZYYY...

At one point I looked over at sko_G and he looked dazed. Like he was trying to figure out an escape route. I don't blame him. Maybe he would have been happier if he came in his HOT DOG OUTFIT.

With so much hullabaloo I forgot to take a picture of the hot dog setup. We grilled them all and kept them warm in this huge roaster and it worked really well. There were tons of condiments, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, ketchup, relish, onions, pickles, pepperoncini, but I think the fave food was the little smokies, for sure. Well, anything with bacon and brown sugar - you can't really go wrong.

On to the ice cream. We had chocolate, raspberry sorbet, coffee, green tea, chocolate malted crunch, root beer sorbet and sko_G's homemade amaretto (excellent). But the hit of the day? The soft serve machine. Oh the excitement when I turned that bugger on. And I mean from the adults! They were lined up with their mini cones and it was lot of fun. That thing works pretty well too - except for the sprinkles dispenser.

It was a great day. The Kid was overwhelmed and happy. But most importantly - I am now...party free. My calendar is clear for the rest of the year. Whatever will I do with myself?


*Click on pictures for notes.
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I loooooooved those little smokies! Sooooo delish!

Sunday, January 21, 2007 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So glad the party went well. I can't imagine you throwing one that wasn't a smash, but hey...I'm just surprised people weren't too cold to eat ice cream! Happy Belated to your Kid!

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home