Monday, February 26, 2007

Dwight: What about that meeting…later…to discuss finances? Angela: Yes. But don’t expect any cookie. Dwight: What if I’m hungry? Angela: No cookie.

Nanette and I went to visit Jodi in the Valley (which wasn't technically the Valley after all). Lots of food, lots movie talk and a lot of fun. I realized that I know nothing about the Oscars anymore, and I kind of don't care, either. Which bad, I guess.
As promised, I baked PLENTY this weekend. Not one, but two lemon cakes, Burger Bites - which I took to the party and I think people were expecting ACTUAL mini burgers. Sorry to disappoint. I also made a batch of my family's secret recipe peanut butter cookies. It's not all that secret, I'm sure my mother got it from Betty Crocker or something, but I have tried a bunch of different recipes and nothing tastes quite as good as this one, frankly. There are some recipes I don't give out believe it or not. And this is one of them. Maybe someday when I am a famous cookbook author you will see it. Right.
Also, when baking that second cake, right at the end of the cooking time we had a blackout. Let me tell you, you haven't lived until your house goes pitch black, you have a cake baking, and a three year old and an infant start screaming from fear. Yeah. That's the tops right there. Life doesn't get much better. ~sigh~

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

It is technically The Valley, just barely. I'm glad you had fun and hey, I probably know less about the Oscars than you do!

We had a power outage last Friday afternoon Luckily, no screaming kids, but I was trying to sleep and one of our power backup things kept beeping and the dogs would bark. Turns out a power line had fallen on a house about a block and a half away and caught the house on fire. Oh, yeah, so there were sirens and helicopters too. Not great for naptime.

Monday, February 26, 2007 1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home