Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happiness is...

When my kids were born I raised them to be Disney-fied. I took them to Disneyland almost every week (when I wasn't working). It's not the 'sell out, Disney is the devil' that I enjoy, it's the old vision that Walt had, a place with great imagination, making children happy.

There are 3 major theme parks in Los Angeles, Disneyland, Universal Studios, and the fledgling Knott's Berry Farm. Growing up, Knott's was a bigger deal than it is now. Now it's kind of tired, boring and only gets hyped for it's 'Halloween Haunt' and fried chicken dinners.

We decided to give it a go this weekend. Turns out Camp Snoopy was a great experience for kids. Plenty of rides, great visuals, and - because the park is so unpopular, NO LINES. Oh the joy of walking right onto a ride. The Kid had a grand old time, and even went on a ride all by himself. He was the youngest on there, (barely making the height requirement) and he was the only one who figured out how to raise and lower the plane. Ah, boy genius. ~wink~

We didn't spend any time in the main park, which is full of coasters for those love that sort of thing. It didn't matter, we had a full day as it was. While I have not abandoned my Disney loyalty, I definitely give Knott's props, for catering to the kiddies. I was pleasantly surprised.

Check out all the pics HERE.

5 Comments:

Blogger sko_G knits said...

WHAT? fried chicken without me!?!?! oh, you didn't happen to pick up an extra jar of blueberry preserves while you were there, did you?

Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I remember going to Knotts when I was a kid, usually on the same trip as Universal and D-land. It definitely paled in comparison to the other two theme parks, but there's a certain something about that place. The last time I went, I was in college and it was during Knotts Scary Farm. I pretty much shat myself every time a zombie or monster popped up to give us a fright. Ahh, memories.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've only been to Knotts once and had a good time. I don't remember the Camp Snoopy area being very accessible for adults without kids, unlike the Camp Snoopy in the Mall of America in Minnesota. I *love* Snoopy!

Sunday, February 04, 2007 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

(I hope this doesn't post tiwce...) Gosh, I remember going to Knott's back in my day too. Growing up in the OC, we thought Disney was the bomb, but to mix things up we would head to Knott's sometimes too.

I forgot all about that Chicken place... Yum. I liked that almost as much as the FRITTERS we used to get at Disneyland over in the New Orleans Square... Is that still there by chance?

Monday, February 12, 2007 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Absolutely. I love the soup in a bread bowl too. I was just there last night in fact...

Monday, February 12, 2007 6:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home