Friday, February 09, 2007

If you leave, don't leave now
please don't take my heart away

Man, do I love Valentine's Day. Not because of all the gifts and flowers of which I get none, but because of the pink!! I love pink and I was at Target and saw these pink marshmallows. TOO CUTE.
True fact: I hate strawberry flavored things. However these taste like nothing, so they are a-ok with me. We decided to try and roast these little pinky mallows. Not outside by a campfire. In the house.

All I had was a birthday candle and kushiyaki skewers, so I had to get all Macgyver up in here. We put the marshmallows on the stick and the Kid watched in horror as my sisinlaw's pretty pink marshmallow went up in flames. Safe to say he will not be playing with fire anytime soon. Or marshmallows. I put a few in the toaster oven and they came out a nice caramel-y colored brown. Mmm. Toasty.

My sisinlaw is leaving this weekend which makes me sad. She helps me out a lot when she visits. She helps feed, clothe and bathe the kids. Not only that, she calls me at work to remind me of doctor's appointments, meetings, etc. When we are driving in the car, she checks my work email and writes replies as I dictate to her, rather than my usual - drive with one hand, type on the Treo with the other. Yes, I know I am a danger to myself and others. If I don't post for more than two days, you will know that I am dead.

Not only does she help me out, she's fun to have around. She would also make a great personal assistant, but sadly, she has to go back to Hawaii and shape the young minds of the future. Lucky kids.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger secret agent josephine said...

Ignore my flickr comment. You answered my question. Target of course!

Man, I wish I had a sister-in-law like that. Wait I do. I wish she could come visit me and help me like that. Niiice.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, you must have an electric stove. I have gas burners, so toasting marshmallows in the kitchen is pretty easy! I've only ever used white ones though. I wonder if they ever come in orange?

Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home