Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Our frank and open, deep conversations,
they get me nowhere, they bring me down, so

My MIL's stay is nearing a close. And while we have a decent relationship - better than most - it always comes down to the end of her stay when we are more than ready to part ways. I get tired of her calling me fat and unattractive, and she gets tired of me...being me, I guess.

When it comes down to it, she is not MY mother. So I can't treat her with the same disrespect that I treat my own family. I love her, but it's time to leave. That being said, I need her now more than ever. The Kid is on a full rampage lately. Not the 'terrible twos', I'd call it more the 'excruciating threes'. My life is a nightmare.

Man, am I cranky. Maybe I'm just sick. Well, the Pain, that's gone. Now somewhere between the afternoon and the evening yesterday, I caught the world's worst cold. God, I wish I had a shot in the ass. To cure that not so fresh crappy feeling.

6 Comments:

Blogger Keely said...

Goodness! Feel better, woman!

I love that you're honest about being a mom. Everyone usually sugar coats it - it's good to know in advance that my life will be a nightmare and that people I admire say so. :) Excrutiating threes... oh, my.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 5:44:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

There is no sugar coating it. Kids are great. They are fun and loving, and sure people say the same for pets but my pet ain't going to take care of me when I'm 60, yo.
But yeah, it's not all roses, it's hard. It's the hardest thing you will ever do. But it's worth it.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Does she actually call you "fat and unattractive?" Not only is that so not true, it's downright mean. It's like the things my grandmother says to me, hence I do not invite her to stay with me.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Someone told me that the reason God makes kids so cute is so you don't kill them.

The same doesn't hold true for mother-in-laws, though...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 7:55:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

You're so easy it's not even fun.

Pam should have known better.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:00:00 PM  
Blogger amy reads said...

My MIL is a dear (unless I am PPD'ive, a completely different story which I have BTDT twice.) However if she ever took to critiquing me or my parenting style she would be quickly turfed from the house and future visits seriously thought about... I am a good enough mom and I know it dammit!

No one should have to put up with someone slamming them period. Hope she is gone soon and the issue brought up with hubby pronto.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home