Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pain. Will you return it? I'll say it again, PAIN.

There are three times in my life when I was in this much pain. One, when I had appendictis in college. Two & three, when I had labor pains. (Get the drugs, people. There is no shame in asking for drugs.)

Yesterday after barfing at work I realized, Hey! Maybe I should go home! So I did, and that's when the pain started. Abdominal pain that you would not believe. Coupled with vomiting. LOTS of it. A pleasant combo. I ended up in emergency where the pain became so intense they gave me a shot...in the ass. That knocked me out. When I woke up I was vomiting bile like there was no tomorrow. Lovely thoughts for your Thursday morning.

At that point they gave me ANOTHER SHOT IN THE ASS. My poor ass. The nurse said, "This will make you sleepy." I said, "It will? When? Cause I don't feel...zzzzzzzzzz..........." I woke up almost two hours later. I didn't feel better, but I didn't feel worse.

The doctor thinks it's some really weird painful stomach virus. It felt like death to me. So here I am this morning. Home. Eating pretzels. Drinking Sprite. Praying that I never ever feel this kind of pain again. Right now, I'm just really really tired. It's nothing a shot in the ass can't cure, I'm sure.

13 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

Oh my God, Jenn! I hope you feel better soon. Did they tell you how you got this? Get some rest . . .

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hope you feel better real soon! :)

(I also wasn't too shy to tell anyone who would listen that I would take the epidural now please! Who am I trying to impress?)

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did yall eat peanut butter recently? There was a recall.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=alerts_recalls&id=5036969

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:54:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Yikes!! That's some major barfing. Take care and feel better soon!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Shots (multiple!!!) in the ass to cure the stomach pain sounds like taking a pill that will give you nausea, vomiting, dry eye, dizzyness, and sexual dysfunction to cure your headache.

Feel better! No more shots!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Rokes said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling crappy! Get well soon!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sorry to hear you had such an awful day. Especially Valentine's Day. Take good care.

Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Oh yeah! Maybe it was PEANUT BUTTER! Yikes! Or your MIL's cooking!

Get well soon, spinsta!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

awwww... get better soon. all that puking can take alot out of a girl, ya know?

Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself - are your last two posts connected? Trying to do too much can have peculiar consequences, not least loweing your body's capacity to fight off the crappy stuff.

Friday, February 16, 2007 3:37:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

This is not the first time we've heard of this particular illness from you. When I had that sort of thing, it ended up being a milk allergy.

Friday, February 16, 2007 4:26:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

...cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all...

Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger jill said...

Kidney Stone??? That is the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. And I had similar symptons; puking, pain, sweats, pain etc... All coupled with pain in the area where we pee from. I thought for sure it was a UTI... then as quickly as the pain came on, it just "went away..." Later the dr. told me I must have passed it.

Stomach Flu... there is something horrible going 'round. My uncle has had it bad too.

Feel better soon!!!

Friday, February 23, 2007 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home